We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flybus provides excellent transportation to Reykjavik Hotels

Which Reykjavik hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
NJ
Level Contributor
26 posts
132 reviews
Save Topic
Flybus provides excellent transportation to Reykjavik Hotels

I see that there has not been much mention of Flybus in the recent postings and just wanted to put it out there that this is still a very easy and dependable mode of transportation from Keflavik to Reykjavik. You can purchase the ticket online but be aware that Internet Explorer does not work well for this site. I needed to make the purchase by accessing the site through Google Chrome as my browser. Our flight did not arrive until 11:40 PM and there was a bus waiting for us when we landed. Flybus offers an option to take you directly to your hotel called Flybus plus. For the hotel we were staying at we stayed on the bus but for some hotels there is a transfer to a smaller bus at the BSI. It is all orchestrated by Flybus so there is no guesswork involved. The trip from Keflavik is about an hour with the stops that are made along the way. Highly recommend this service for airport to city transportation.

Keflavik, Iceland
Level Contributor
2 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flybus provides excellent transportation to Reykjavik Hotels

flybus cost 2500 isk per person so for 6-8 persons taxi is cheaper and for 4 passengers taxi is only 2500-3000 isk more expensive then the bus bit much faster and direct to your hotel, no minibus transfers from bsi. taxi are also chepaer then the buses on the golden circle tour, www.reykjaviktaxi.is charges 11.000 isk for per person when 4 people or more are together. when the bus charges 12900 per person.. So check the prices before you jump on a bus, they are not so cheap as you would think.

Edited: 11:46 pm, July 19, 2013
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
191 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flybus provides excellent transportation to Reykjavik Hotels

Thank you for posting this. I was actually just looking into flybus and all of a sudden your post appeared. Thank You!

Similarly to you, our flight arrives at 11:40pm in Reykjavik and we will be staying at the Hilton Nordica. Do you suggest booking tranport in advance?? We will be there a week from today. I'm so glad to hear it was good experience. We don't want to take any chances with such a late arrival.

Thank you again for your insight!

Reykjavik, Iceland
Level Contributor
8,361 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flybus provides excellent transportation to Reykjavik Hotels

You do not need to book the airport transfer (but you can do it if you want). There are other bus options, other than the fly bus. Anyway, they don't close if there are still passengers inside. You do not need to worry about that :)

Basking Ridge, New...
Level Contributor
3 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flybus provides excellent transportation to Reykjavik Hotels

Hello,

We are arriving on the 1140pm flight on a saturday night and will be checking luggage so I am not sure how quickly we can get out of terminal. Looking at flybus website, it says their last bus is at 11pm on saturday night and next one not til 330am?? Has anyone been stranded waiting for flybys? what would be safer option?

Basking Ridge, New...
Level Contributor
3 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flybus provides excellent transportation to Reykjavik Hotels

the flybus site says that the last bus is at 23:00 hours, we are also arriving at 1140pm so i am nervous about missing the last bus and having to wait til ext scheduled at 330 am?

Reykjavik, Iceland
Level Contributor
2,746 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flybus provides excellent transportation to Reykjavik Hotels

You are reading the schedule FROM Reykjavík TO Keflavík International Aiport. There are no buses during that part of the night bcause there are no departing flights at these times.

For arriving passengers the Flybus Website states :

"The Flybus operates in connection with all arriving flights and your seat is always guaranteed. The Flybus departs from Keflavik Airport 35-40 minutes after each flight arrival."

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
191 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Flybus provides excellent transportation to Reykjavik Hotels

HWM--- Are you flying from JFK on Icelandair? If so, I'm on the same flight as you!!! Mine arrives at 11:40 as well!!

NJ
Level Contributor
26 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Flybus provides excellent transportation to Reykjavik Hotels

Hi again! We were on that flight that arrives 11:40PM from Boston so I totally understand your concerns about the busses. It was hard to understand the website and it did look like the busses stop running at a certain time. I actually emailed the company to ask for clarification because I had visions of arriving after midnight and being stuck but I can also tell you that did not happen. They run a very tight ship there. They wait for that last flight to arrive and the busses are right outside the airport to take you to the hotel directly or to the smaller bus that takes you to the hotel directly. We purchased the ticket in advance online because I'm one of those types, but I did see many people buying the ticket just before boarding the bus. The line was not really long for that if you choose to do it that way. If you do purchase online you have to use something other than internet explorer to fully access the website. Use google chrome if you have it. For some reason IE does not work with the Flybus site for making the purchase. That was verified for me when I emailed them. You want to buy the Flybus plus ticket so that you can get directly to your hotel.

Basking Ridge, New...
Level Contributor
3 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Flybus provides excellent transportation to Reykjavik Hotels

Hello,

Yes - we will be arriving 1140pm on the icelandair flight? Have not booked our tours yet as the companies I have emailed several days ago have yet to respond.

Any suggestions? and how did you contact the touring companies if so?

Thanks

Chattanooga, TN
Level Contributor
97 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Flybus provides excellent transportation to Reykjavik Hotels

I'm surprised that you have had delays. making my 3rd trip to Iceland in a few weeks, and I highly recommend that you contact Iceland Unlimited for bookings, http://icelandunlimited.is They are extremely responsive! A young, energetic, independent company.