We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

fimmvorduhals super jeep tour

Which Reykjavik hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto
Level Contributor
32 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
fimmvorduhals super jeep tour

So, I'm looking at volcano day trips, and I've run by a lot of similar ones. Has anyone does this one?

trek.is/en/…volcano-hike-across-fimmvorduhals

If you have, can you give me an idea of the level of difficulty of this tour (easy / moderate / challenging), or how steep it gets in places? I'm good with hiking, but descending is usually an issue for me.

Icelander in...
Destination Expert
for Iceland
Level Contributor
10,728 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: fimmvorduhals super jeep tour

If fear of hights is your problem, then this is not your tour for sure.

The hike is easy, but narrow paths, and steep hills and high drops off the path, and heights is the thing here.

Toronto
Level Contributor
32 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: fimmvorduhals super jeep tour

Thanks for the feedback.

I'm not usually afraid of heights, but I have a tendon issue this season that can make descending painful. So climbs are ok but steep descents = not a good thing for me.

Its been hard making a decisions, there's lots of good tours. Maybe I'll book just a straight up super jeep thing.

Edited: 11:13 am, July 13, 2013
Toronto
Level Contributor
32 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: fimmvorduhals super jeep tour

Bah, I meant to say I'm usually "not" afraid of heights. :)

4. Re: fimmvorduhals super jeep tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 15, 2014