We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

information needed urgently!

Which Reykjavik hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
358 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
information needed urgently!

hi all, i'm flying to reykjavik tonight and i've left planning to the last minute so i hope you can help answer some of my questions -

- i understand that the exchange rate at the airport is not great so i was wondering if banks will be open on saturday for me to change some currency?

- does the blue lagoon accept payment in euros and would i be better off changing kronors for payment beforehand?

- where would be a good place for me to buy a map for driving around the country? i'm planning to get a prepaid sim - would google maps be sufficient?

thanks so much!

Vogar
Level Contributor
1,420 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: information needed urgently!

You do not need to exchange much as cards (debit or credit) are accepted everywhere, there is an ATM at the airport as well.

Many places will accept Euros but it is up to you if you accept their exchange rate,

There is a store in the arrival hall, you can buy good maps there, google maps are fine if you want to get lost.

Icelander in...
Destination Expert
for Iceland
Level Contributor
10,728 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: information needed urgently!

The difference of the rate is 1% worse in the airport. That´s all.

3. Re: information needed urgently!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, June 23, 2014