We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants in the vicinity of the Centerhotel, Arnarhvoll

Rhode Island
Level Contributor
5 posts
Save Topic
Restaurants in the vicinity of the Centerhotel, Arnarhvoll

My twelve year old grandson and I will be staying in Reykjavik at the Centerhotel, Arnarhvoll for a week in mid June. Because many of our excursions start early in the morning and end in the late afternoon or in the early evening. I would appreciate suggestions for cafes and restaurants in that vicinity. After each day of hard touring, I want some handy, nearby spots for two very tired Americans to grab lunch or a quick dinner.

Additionally, can you recommend a few not too far away 'special occasion' restaurants that includes traditional Icelandic offerings and delicacies on its menu, should we choose to venture into 'haute cuisine?' More importantly, I am looking to make our time in Reykjavik most memorable, so please also include spots for meals and other treats that would be just plain, old-fashioned fun, and that would appeal to pre-teens and young teenagers?

Thank you. See you in Iceland. :)

L

Icelander in...
Destination Expert
for Iceland
Level Contributor
10,940 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants in the vicinity of the Centerhotel, Arnarhvoll

Hotel Arnarhvoll is in the middle of the center, with dozens of restaurants around.

I recommend that you ask the lobby, or just have a walk around and a look.

Few places: Glaumbar, Caruso, Lækjarbrekka, BSI Fljótt og Gott, Kolabrautin, Fiskbarinn, Icelandic Fish and Chips and many more.

2. Re: Restaurants in the vicinity of the Centerhotel, Arnarhvoll

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, June 01, 2014