We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Currency exchange

Sunderland
Level Contributor
230 posts
72 reviews
Save Topic
Currency exchange

Hi I'm a little confused after reading some earlier posts about this topic. Could someone help me please.

I arrive into iceland around 10am this Wednesday. I am intending to exchange sterling cash into krona upon arrival.

Is this possible at this time? Will the rate at the airport be competive?

Another option would be to draw some cash out of the ATM but I would be charged for this.

Can anyone advise please as to what the best option would be?

Thanks

Newcastle UK
Level Contributor
319 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Currency exchange

We have just returned from Iceland. We used our CC for everything. Even the vending machines take CC. Our CC does not impose any fees so that was fine, for us. ATMs available but didn't use them as our Building Society now charges.

Mentioned in this post
Iceland
Iceland
Europe
Lawrenceburg...
Level Contributor
323 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Currency exchange

Recently spent five nights in Reykjavik and only once needed local currency. Used my CC from cab rides to purchasing a soda at a store. Only when I went to the Laundromat to do a couple loads did I stop by an ATM to withdraw small amount cash. BTW, the Laundromat was my favorite spot for lunch.

Mentioned in this post
Reykjavik
Reykjavik
Capital Region, Iceland
The Laundromat Cafe
The Laundromat Cafe
3,242 Reviews
Reykjavik, Iceland
3. Re: Currency exchange

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, March 20, 2014