We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flea Market by the port.

Which Reykjavik hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
milan
Level Contributor
27 posts
107 reviews
Save Topic
Flea Market by the port.

Love Flea markets and will be going to the big flea market on Saturday. We leave on Sunday morning so I don't want to change a lot of money that I don't end up needing but how do you know how much you'll spend at a flea market. My question is, would stall holders accept euros if needed? That way I could take some small euro notes, 5 - 10 - 20 and use tham if I run out of ISK.

thanks in advance for your help.

Vogar
Level Contributor
1,420 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Flea Market by the port.

Some may accept euros but I am not sure you will accept the exchange rate.

I believe most stall holders take credit cards and there is an ATM at the flea market itself if you want to withdraw some cash.

milan
Level Contributor
27 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flea Market by the port.

Thanks for your advice, and letting me know that there is an ATM at the flea market. -that resolves my problem.

Level Contributor
159 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flea Market by the port.

can you tell me, please, where exactly is the flea market? is it walkable distance from downtown Reykjavik? is it open on saturdays only? what are the hours open, pls? thanks!

Icelander in...
Destination Expert
for Iceland
Level Contributor
10,772 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flea Market by the port.

Open 11 - 17 Sat. and Sun. Can´t miss it, it´s in the big white house opposite the Hot Dog stand. Says ,,Kolaportið Fleamarket" on the giant sign.

Reykjavik, Iceland
Level Contributor
1,656 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flea Market by the port.

Exact location on map: en.ja.is/kort/…B0

6. Re: Flea Market by the port.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, February 23, 2014