We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

kevlavik hire car

uk
Level Contributor
33 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
kevlavik hire car

Noticed on this forum someone recommended hiring a car to get about from airport to various locations is cheaper for 3 days than using buses, I have found a hire car for £99 for 3 days which i think is excellent . Is it easy to navigate about etc hadn't really considered it before now . Thanks

UK
Level Contributor
227 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: kevlavik hire car

We arrive next week (not been to Iceland before) and are picking up a car from Keflavik Airport through Thrifty Car Hire.

We're paying £175 for 6 days' hire which includes all singing, all dancing insurance. I have occasionally checked other websites since we booked and I haven't been able to better it. Avoid booking with Sad Cars, btw. Have really bad reviews on here.

We bought a map of Iceland from Amazon for £6 - very happy with it and shows all roads clearly and looks easy to navigate, although we will also be taking our sat nav.

Edited: 4:52 am, February 13, 2013
uk
Level Contributor
33 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: kevlavik hire car

Thanks i will look them up tonight .Have a great trip :)

Maidstone, United...
Level Contributor
1,284 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: kevlavik hire car

Had car hire for my visit last May and it was great. Traffic lighter than home, roads okay and much cheaper than public transportation, especially airport transfers and tours. Not to mention the convenience (you can detour when you want and stop off anywhere you like).

Doing the same again next month, paid about £120 for 5 days car hire with full insurance (second driver plus another £20).

4. Re: kevlavik hire car

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, February 16, 2014