We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather and appropriate dress

North Brunswick...
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Weather and appropriate dress

I will be travelling to Reykjavik the end of this week. I hear there isn't much snow. We were prepared with extra warm clothing and prepared for snow. Suggestions on how to pack. We will be walking around town. If any of you have just come back, we would to hear about your trip. Thanks.

Rosa

St Helens, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather and appropriate dress

Pack for any type of winter weather, Iceland is known for its quick changing weather so don't take the chances.

Usually we go around March time and we pack a decent fleece jacket, a good waterproof, and gloves and accessories as needed. As well as our trainers we pack a sturdy pair of walking boots as well, just in case any heavy snow hits.

North Brunswick...
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather and appropriate dress

Thank you

midlands
Level Contributor
481 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather and appropriate dress

Does is rain January / February time or just snow?

How cold does it get?

Wondering if we are best bringing ski-wear type clothing or not?

Many thanks

Reykjavik, Iceland
Level Contributor
1,656 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather and appropriate dress

It can both rain and snow (or neither) in January / February. Come prepared for both.

Salisbury, United...
Level Contributor
8,788 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather and appropriate dress

I usually go in March and it has been freezing, I always take layers, including wool thermals and ski salopettes and topped with a wind and waterproof layer. The wind can be a real problem it can be very strong and so windproof is really important.

If you are hoping to see the NL's you will be outside under clear skies, so it can be well below freezing.

Best go prepared with layers, there's no such thing as bad weather just bad clothing.

6. Re: Weather and appropriate dress

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, January 11, 2014