We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reykjavik buses

Tampere, Finland
Level Contributor
9 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Reykjavik buses

Is there any kind of map available of the bus routes in Reykjavik? Tried to find one on straeto.is and other places but couldn't find one. The journey planner is nice but it would also be great to see all the routes on one map. Thanks in advance!

Delft, The...
Level Contributor
652 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Reykjavik buses

There are afternoon excursions like this one:

re.is/DayTours/…

sydney Australia
Level Contributor
879 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Reykjavik buses

MariaBC Did you check out the half day tours to GC as i suggested?

I know a little about what you are saying, but the distances are what they are. We are doing a NL tour then next day the Golden Circle all day, then following day snorkelling, and we may very well have to go out again if the NL do not co operate on that first trip, but if thats why you come, then you just do it and sleep on the plane back. I really think it is much better to either drive or to use a tour or you will miss too much and public transport is never efficient for long distance multi touring even if there is a lot of it, and with only 300, 000 people in the whole country, you cant expect frequent transport outside of the main city.

I cannot suggest strongly enough to take the half day tour, combine it with Blue Lagoon if you want and then you have a whole day to see Reyjkavik.

heres Isango, the company were doing two tours with, they are nice people so far to deal with, giving us belated add. discount because I forgot to add the promo code when I booked.

http://www.isango.com/iceland-tours/reykjavik-tours_r7815?_$ja=cgn:ICELAND+%7c+Reykjavik+%7c+Golden+Circle+%7c+GENERIC+(Australia)%3a+Tour|cgid:7152592422|tsid:31533|cn:ICELAND+%7c+Reykjavik+%7c+Golden+Circle+%7c+GENERIC+(Australia)|cid:142721142|nw:search|crid:28000180062|kw:%2Bgolden%20%2Bcircle%20%2Btour|pm:&gclid=CO6GyIHN17QCFQIVpQodmQUAyA

Naxxar, Malta
Level Contributor
20 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Reykjavik buses

Thank you for your help...checking things out :) hopefully we'll manage...

sydney Australia
Level Contributor
879 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Reykjavik buses

your welcome. you may need to modify that link as I notice it says something about Australia, but Isango and others will have the tours listed, just google half day Golden Circle tours.

Naxxar, Malta
Level Contributor
20 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Reykjavik buses

Tks found one which is 6 hrs on Isango starting at 12.30...the shortest one I found but still its a bit long if we need to go on the Northern Lights tour same day...as wont have time to get to our Hotel and have dinner! Would have liked a shorter one say 3/4 hrs seeing my friends have young children and 78 year old mother.....that is why was hoping to go by public transport and leave around 10am and get back latest 16.00 giving us time to rest, change and eat!! But seems there isnt that choice available unfortunately!

Delft, The...
Level Contributor
652 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: Reykjavik buses

The maps with the bus routes in Reykjavík are back on straeto.is :

http://www.straeto.is/leidakerfi/leidabaekur

London, United...
Level Contributor
38 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Reykjavik buses

Thanks erensm

Really useful to know the route maps are back : )

18. Re: Reykjavik buses

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, January 28, 2014