I have booked a last minute trip for myself and 2 children (10 & 12 years) for a short trip over the New Year.
My planned itinery will be:
Dec 31st: Arrive at airport 4pm.
Dinner & Fireworks
Jan 1st: Late start
Afternoon - ??? Blue lagoon for half day
Jan 2nd - Day trip or walking around Reykjavik
Evening: NL tour booked with superjeeps
Jan 3rd - Day trip or walking around Reykjavik
Evening: Backup for NL tour - just in case!!
Jan 4th - Early am flight back to UK
Some questions if people can help:
- I am assuming there are taxis at the airport - any guide to cost?
- Has anyone used Superjeeps for the NL tour? Do you have any comments? It is called amazing tours and booked on the iceland4you.is website
- any recommendations for dinner on Dec 31st with 2 children? Will there be a problem finding somewhere with reservations available as I have left it quite late?
- From an earlier post, I believe Hallgrimskirkja is a good place to see the fireworks, this looks reasonably walkable, about 30mins from the hotel we will be staying at (Radisson blu 1919) - Do we need to get there early or are the fireworks easily visible despite the crowds?
- We have 2 1/5 days available. what is the best use of that time?
I was thinking about 1/2 day at the blue lagoon, 1 day in the city itself - any recommendations for things that would capture the attention of children? and 1 day on a tour - I would like to see the glaciers; maybe on a boat trip?
I am very excited & can't wait to go so any suggestions or tips would be greatly appreciated to make this a really good trip
Thank you in advance