We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Laugavegur apartments

Level Contributor
122 posts
Save Topic
Laugavegur apartments

We are arriving in 2 weeks and plan to stay at the Laugavegur Apartments for the the first couple of days. Has anyone stayed there? They have good reviews on booking.com but I can't find other reviews. We are also looking at Downtown Reykjavik Apartments. Thanks for your help,

Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Laugavegur apartments

I'm

Wondering the same thing... Did you end up staying here? I'm a little unsure whether or not to book as I can't even find a website for them

Level Contributor
122 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Laugavegur apartments

We did and it worked out well for us. A little hard to find as you enter through the back but nice rooms and good location to walk to shopping and the water. Loved Iceland!

Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Laugavegur apartments

Fantastic! If I get transfers from the airport do you think they will know the location? I've got 5 days there in October... Any recommendations on things to see/ do?

Level Contributor
122 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Laugavegur apartments

I'm sure they would. It's on one of the main streets in the shopping district, there is a bus stop pretty close too. We only spent one night there and did the ring road, but we had 10 days. My favorite area was up north at Myvatn, I'ld say 6-8 hours from Reykayvik, might be too far for your time. I also enjoyed Hveragerði, not much to the town but nice hiking up along the hot river. All depends on your interest. Enjoy,

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
155 posts
361 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Laugavegur apartments

I stayed here in July. I would say if you get the one or two bedroom apts it might be nice, perhaps some street noise, but the studio is in the basement and kind of dark. Its about a 5-10 block walk to the shopping restauraurants on Laugavegur and about a KM to the bars and restaruants in the central area (near harbor, english pub, cafe paris)

London, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Laugavegur apartments

We stayed in 2 apartments here in July (not the basement). Both were very comfortable and relaxing, and the apartments are a short stroll to the centre of everything (so not in the noisy bit of Laugavegur). Definitely recommended.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
155 posts
361 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Laugavegur apartments

For some reason you cannot review this hotel, as the Trip Advisor guidelines only allow places with on-site staff to be reviewed. I mentioned that its listed on booking.bom and kayak as a hotel. Hmmm :(

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
16 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Laugavegur apartments

We booked a high end apartment in this block and when we arrived found we had been moved up the road to a disgusting, filthy 2 BR in Einholt. Apparently these people do this all the time - overbook and shuffle everyone around. We insisted on a move and on the next night were then given a very nice apartment on the 3 rd floor of Lanavegur - the one we had originally booked.

Any complaints were dealt with promptly and "Egil" came to fix the TV within seconds of being phoned. So service was excellent, the apartment we ended up in was excellent. The first one in the basement of Laugavegur that we thought we were being put into was a basement and dingy, the move to Einholt was revolting.

If you don't mind being stuffed around and moved around - book here - otherwise find somewhere else to stay. I would not stay here again.

Edited: 6:40 pm, September 15, 2013
Mansfield, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Laugavegur apartments

Has anyone stayed in the penthouse apartment at Laugavegur recently? A group of 6 of us are looking at staying there in February for 4 nights. It seems like a really good price, but just curious about the quality of it. Read somewhere that it has 2 bathrooms, can anyone confirm this. Also I cant find any photos of the bedrooms and I'm wondering what the sleeping arrangements would be for 6 people.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
16 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Laugavegur apartments

The problem with this company is that they have a number of apartments and overbook. They then move people around and you will most likely find yourself in a different apartment. We were moved twice when we stayed there and one place was filthy and disgusting. When I put a negative review up the owner offered me $$ to remove it!! This probably works with some people - not me.

Also look under "Einholt" - same company.

I would book with another company to avoid the risk of being stuffed around late at night

Edited: 7:42 pm, January 07, 2014