We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reykjavik City HI hostel for solo travel

Which Reykjavik hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
West Kirby...
Level Contributor
52 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Reykjavik City HI hostel for solo travel

I am hoping to stay here for my first time Solo Holiday does anyone know if this is the kind of hostel where I am likely to meet other travelers and hang out in a good hostel atmosphere?

Icelander in...
Destination Expert
for Iceland
Level Contributor
10,786 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Reykjavik City HI hostel for solo travel

Yes this is exactly that. It is located next to the big swimming pool, where people go to sosialise in the afternoons or early in the morning. The city center is a bit away, but there is a good bus line or 30 min´s walk.

The ,,Downtown hostel" is smack down town in the center.

Edited: 2:27 pm, September 11, 2012
Level Contributor
62 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Reykjavik City HI hostel for solo travel

I stopped in a couple weeks backto do laundry, very squared away place, peeps of all ages, hot dog stand on the corner restaurant on the next street, very nice set up

3. Re: Reykjavik City HI hostel for solo travel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, September 13, 2013