We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Iceland with Kids

Which Reykjavik hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Fairfax, Virginia
1 post
Save Topic
Iceland with Kids

I am thinking of going to iceland with my 5 and 7 year old. I am not sure if they will enjoy it. Has anyone gone with young kids and what was their experience.?

Or what age is a good age to take kids to Iceland?

Reykjavik, Iceland
Level Contributor
1,656 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Iceland with Kids

I think this really depends on your kids. Do they like hiking, swimming in swimming pools, seeing farm animals, going on boat rides, and are they comfortable sitting in the car when you're on the road or do they get restless easily. I take my 6 year old boy every summer on many trips, including the Ringroad and he just loves it. This is the time he looks forward to every year :) Being with the family on an adventourous road trip/hiking trip is one of the best things you can give your children. Go for it.

travelling
Level Contributor
97 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Iceland with Kids

I agree with Northice, it depends on your kids. Mine enjoyed our trip to Iceland very much. They get to see and try things that are a bit different and my youngest was very impressed with the geysirs. There are loads of activities and things to see that is suitable for young kids and Iceland is a very child friendly country. We had a very enjoyable stay there.

As long as you plan your days carefully allowing some rest times for your kids you should be fine.

Enjoy your trip !

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
45 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Iceland with Kids

I brought my kids to Iceland the first time at 4 and 6 and hey loved it. Been back many times since and no problems. If they like the water, there are lots of great pools. Árbæjarlaug (in the Árbaer district, 15 mins from Reykjavik) is particularly good for kids. They should enjoy the standard olden Circle tour, although the drive is long. But Geyser, etc. are fab for kids to see.

4. Re: Iceland with Kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, October 03, 2013