We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Blue car rental

Level Contributor
62 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Blue car rental

Best car hire on the island.....good car,,,,,good service,,,,good rates...check em out

242 replies to this topic
St. Petersburg...
2 posts
Save Reply
41. Re: Blue car rental

Смотрю, отзывы пишут одни иностранцы. А мы из России, тоже пользовались услугами Blue car rental, привлекли низкие цены и удобное расположение офиса (5 минут ходьбы от аэропорта Keflavic). Арендовали практически новую Suzuki Grand Vitara.

Всё было хорошо до момента возврата машины. У нас было прекрасное настроение, Исландия - просто фантастическая страна! И вот напоследок нас ждал большой сюрприз. Перед сдачей машины мы постарались, чисто вымыли её - и это сыграло с нами злую шутку. При осмотре работник Blue car rental вдруг показывает нам еле заметную царапину на боковой стороне машины. Чтобы увидеть её, нужно было очень хорошо присмотреться. Откуда она взялась, не имею представления, но подозреваю, что мы просто слишком хорошо помыли машину, вот царапина и проявилась, т.к. лично мы нигде машину не царапали.

И как вы думаете, во сколько же нам оценили это "повреждение"? Полная стоимость франшизы, а именно ISK 150.000 (это составляло примерно 45.000 руб.)!!! Как вам такое? А так как по-английски мы говорим довольно плохо и прав своих, как обычно водится у русских, не знаем, то и пришлось нам заплатить эту сумму.

Вот какая экономия на аренде машины получилась у нас в Исландии. А какое "отличное" настроение было у нас во время полёта домой!

Так что большое "спасибо" вам, Blue car rental, что так испортили наше впечатление от поездки! Страна нам очень понравилась, но чтобы мы ещё раз воспользовались вашими услугами или посоветовали вас своим знакомым - ни за что!

Colorado
Level Contributor
927 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
42. Re: Blue car rental

That's a bummer! How was the rest of your trip?

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
43. Re: Blue car rental

I booked two 4x4 through the Icelandair website and the prices were about the same as Blue Car Rental. When I got there, I found I was with Avis the first time and Sixt the second time. Medium 4x4 was £450 for 8 days.

When I checked the Avis and Sixt prices through their website, it was a few hundred pounds more for the same car. So I got a brand new Avis car and not an old and tired Blue Rental car (who I used in 2012) for the same money. I don't know why this was so... but it was... Perhaps Icelandair have some kind of deal?

The other firm I have used is iceland4x4carrental.com who have similar prices to Blue but newer cars.

Lots of choice these days....

Haarlem, The...
Level Contributor
1,833 posts
335 reviews
Save Reply
44. Re: Blue car rental

Blue Car does not only rent old cars. We got a brand new car from them. Only 60km on it before we got it.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
45. Re: Blue car rental

Blue Car Rental is, hands down, one of the best companies of any type that I have ever dealt with. Their customer service is absolutely stellar. When I return to Iceland (and I definitely will), I won't even consider renting a car from anyplace else. It's easy to provide good customer service when everything goes right, but it's very hard to deliver GREAT customer service when things go wrong. But that's exactly what happened when I rented with Blue Car Rental for a 10-day solo drive around the Ring Road.

Reserved a car for drop-off at my hotel in Reykjavik and they dropped it off right on time. Pleasant service, and I was on my way to 10 days on the Ring Road within 15 minutes. The car was a brand new, squeaky clean Kia Sportage. (I know it was new because it had very few miles on it.) Despite that--and through no fault of Blue--the car started acting funny towards the end of the first day. By that point, I was in the small town of Vik, a 2.5 hour drive from the Blue Car Rental offices at the airport. When I called Blue, they arranged for the local mechanic to take a look at the car immediately (this is at 8pm on a Sunday night in a town of 300 people--the mechanic was actually closed but he opened specifically to take a look at the car). The mechanic drove the car and determined that it had developed some type of transmission problem. Hey, it happens. The car was new and in great condition. There was no way the folks at Blue could have known or anticipated the issue. Their response was amazing. They were profusely apologetic. They sent one of their employees on the 5-hour round trip first thing the next morning to bring me another car and to pick up the problem car so that I could continue my vacation uninterrupted.

Here's where it gets fun.

I took the new car and got on the road. About 45 minutes into my trip--car accident. My second car from Blue had lasted less than an hour before I was rear-ended on the Ring Road (be careful driving there btw--there are few cars but many opportunities for accidents). Fortunately no injuries, but the car was badly damaged and not driveable. I called Blue very upset (obviously). Their first concern when they got on the phone was to ensure that both I and the other driver were uninjured. They instructed me to wait for the police and then call back. The police report (rightfully) determined that I was absolutely not at fault in the accident. By this point, I thought my vacation was wrecked. What were the chances I was going to get another car? I was trying to figure out how to spend the next 8 days in Iceland without a car.

The policeman got on the phone to speak with the people at Blue and, to my utter astonishment, told me that Blue wanted to know if I would like another car. They would indeed bring me a third car that very day.

So, for the second time in a single day, they sent employees on a 5-hour round trip. But this time, they had to send not one, but two people (one to drive the new rental and one to drive the trailer to bring back the damaged car). I returned to my hotel from the prior night (I had no place else to go) to wait for the car.

When the folks from Blue arrived, they were super friendly and nice. They cheered me up with jokes, and reminded me how important it was to get driving again so that I didn't get anxious. They said they felt terrible about the problem car from the day before and about my bad luck with the accident. So, they insisted on paying for my dinner (which I'd eaten in the hotel). I was stunned. They had also gone to the garage and already transferred all my luggage and belongings from the damaged car to the new one so that I could get on my way.

Couldn't believe how fantastically nice the people at this company were. Their only concern, truly, was that I enjoy my vacation and have a safe car to drive. When I returned the third car at the end of my trip, there was nothing special to do. Because I was not at fault in the accident, no paperwork, nothing.

Once I returned to the States, I got an email from the company owner, who wanted to contact me one last time to ensure that I had had no lasting problems from the accident and to make sure that I enjoyed the rest of the trip. He finished by offering me a discount on my next rental.

The lengths that Blue Car Rental went to in order to keep my vacation on track were absolutely extraordinary.

TL;DR:

Blue Car Rental is the best there is. They saved my vacation after a car accident could have ruined it. Will never rent from anyplace else when I am in Iceland. Highly recommend them to anyone and everyone who needs to rent a car there.

Edited: 9:31 pm, October 26, 2014
Mentioned in this post
Iceland
Iceland
Europe
Ring Road
Ring Road
137 Reviews
Iceland
Reykjavik
Reykjavik
Capital Region, Iceland
Vik
Vik
South Region, Iceland
london
Level Contributor
99 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
46. Re: Blue car rental

I just wanted to also say I think Blue car rental are superb, just used them for 5 day 4x4 hire, went with a Suzuki Grand Vitara as the satnav was useful addition (built in).

The company were good to deal with and everything went fine, really pleased and would recommend them to all.

New England
Destination Expert
for Ogunquit
Level Contributor
2,286 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
47. Re: Blue car rental

Lauren A, It is shame that these things happened but wonderful that you received such great service. Based on so many recommendations and my extensive positive communication with the firm, I have just booked my car rental with Blue Car for next summer and I have been very happy with the level of service just via email at this point.

Thanks for sharing your story!

Shrewsbury, United...
Level Contributor
184 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
48. Re: Blue car rental

We also rented a Grand Vitara from Blue Car Rental last week and they were excellent and I think very reasonable. Would definitely use them again.

West Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
220 posts
262 reviews
Save Reply
49. Re: Blue car rental

Another thumbs up, just returned after a 5 day rental from Blue Car Rental. Dacia Duster was great, came with a surprise built in sat nav which helped but wasnt really needed, felt safe and secure in the 4wd.

Ps if collecting at airport walk to office and save some money its only 5 mins, chap who dealt with us was pleasent and friendly.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
228 reviews
Save Reply
50. Re: Blue car rental

Blue Car Rental Iceland are awesome. I hired a Mercedes GLK from them, pretty much brand new, excellent car and fantastic service. Can't fault them and will use them each time I am in Iceland.

I use the 'big 4' rental companies on business around the world and the customer service from them is not a patch on Blue Car rental.

I highly, highly recommend.

Mentioned in this post
Iceland
Iceland
Europe
Reply to: Blue car rental
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted