We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting from Kef Airport to the Blue Lagoon

London
7 posts
Save Topic
Getting from Kef Airport to the Blue Lagoon

We want to go to the Blue Lagoon from the airport as soon as we arrive, on our way to Reykjavik.

Is this possible by local buses? Will they take our suitcases?

If not is the only alternative a taxi - wil this be very expensive?

Also will there be somewhere to leave our suitcases at the lagoon?

thanks!

Reykjavik, Iceland
Level Contributor
600 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting from Kef Airport to the Blue Lagoon

http://www.flybus.is/bluelagoon.html

The suitcases remain in the bus while you have a dip I think.

London
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting from Kef Airport to the Blue Lagoon

Thanks TaraTara.

We unfortunately arrive at 9.45 in the morning so it looks like we will have to get a taxi to the Blue Lagoon!

Reykjavik, Iceland
Level Contributor
600 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting from Kef Airport to the Blue Lagoon

Ack too bad! Ok...Hreyfill taxi station has a package deal. Airport - Blue Lagoon - Reykjavík. For 1-4 passengers it's 13.200 ISK. For 5-8 passengers it's 14.700. This does not include entrance fees into the Lagoon. The taxi will wait for you for up to 3 hours. I also asked the person I talked to for an estimation of the charges if one didn't do the package but just simply took a taxi from the airport to the Blue Lagoon and then from the lagoon to Reykjavík. She said it would be approx. 4000 for the KEF - Lagoon bit and 10.000 for the Lagoon to Reykjavík bit.

Have you thought about just renting a car for the day? You might be able to get away from it cheaper + you could maybe use it for something else as well. Just for the heck of it I tried www.autoeurope.is (I've read on here that they're the cheapest) and put in a one day rental at the end of april. The cheapest car I saw was 68 dollars per day (translates to approx 5.000 ISK on todays rates). Unlimited milage. Pick up at Kef airport, drop off in Reykjavík the following day.

London
7 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting from Kef Airport to the Blue Lagoon

wow, thanks taratara for going to all that trouble. really kind of you and really appreciated. plenty for me to think about, maybe a car would be a good idea.

thanks again!