We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Blue Car Rental, Reykjavik

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Blue Car Rental, Reykjavik

I would like to also add my high regard for Blue Car Rental . I had one of their cars for 3 weeks on a recent visit to Iceland. Dealing with them was such a positive experience and totally hassle free. They were more than accomodating and their rates are far better than any I checked elsewhere. They are a family run business, I believe, and certainly off to a great start . You don't feel like you are dealing with some huge rental company just ready to catch you on a 1mm scratch or anything like that. I will use them for sure on my next visit to that amazing country and will encourage my friends to give Blue Car Rental their business also.

vancouver, canada
Level Contributor
1 post
95 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Blue Car Rental, Reykjavik

We rented a Dacia Duster diesel 4 by 4 from Blue for a week in early June 2013. Perfect vehicle for 4 adults and gear and we appreciated the 55 mpg because fuel was about $9.00 per gallon. Although the main roads in iceland are fine for cars, if you want to go on the secondary roads, I suggest something like the Duster. Blue is located an easy 5 min walk from the airport and pick up and drop off is easy and quick. They even sent me back my sunglasses by air mail when I accidently left them in the car. Now thats great service! a few tips for you. Buy your wine and beer at the airport when you land. Its much, much cheaper that their vin buden state run stores. Also, bring a gortex jacket, fleece or wool sweater, wind proof gloves and a touque. Iceland is a wonderful place. Rent a car from Blue and get out and enjoy!

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Blue Car Rental, Reykjavik

An excellent company that I would highly recommend. We emailed various hire firms with queries and this was the only one to respond. The whole experience was hassle free and was an excellent service, in fact it was faultless. The car was delivered to and collected from our hotel by drivers who were punctual, helpful and friendly.. The car came with a satnav with turned out to be invaluable.

23. Re: Blue Car Rental, Reykjavik

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 3:37 pm, July 26, 2014
24. Re: Blue Car Rental, Reykjavik

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, July 28, 2015