We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What shoes/boots to wear in Nov?

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
47 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
What shoes/boots to wear in Nov?

Hello,

I'm going to Reykjavik and southern Iceland in middle of November. What kind of shoes do you guys recommend? I would imagine there's a lot of ice and things freezing so it would be slippery. I'll be renting a car so would be driving around, taking pictures and stuff.

I also signed up for this tour: https:/…

I prefer to have one pair of all-around shoes/boots that I can wear, so I don't have to change in and out of different pairs.

Sorry for the dumb question...I saw lot of threads on what to wear, but not much in terms of shoes.

Thanks!

GeoIceland Day Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours, Day Trips
Iceland Horizon
Sightseeing Tours, Bus Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Day Trips
Discover Iceland
Sightseeing Tours, 4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Private Tours, Day Trips
Time Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Bus Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Day Trips
Canada, Kentucky
7 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: What shoes/boots to wear in Nov?

Do we get that every where

Icelander in...
Destination Expert
for Iceland
Level Contributor
10,860 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: What shoes/boots to wear in Nov?

Ankle high walking boots are best, as long as they are waterproof (GoreTex). With thick and high socks.

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
47 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: What shoes/boots to wear in Nov?

Oh wow...I can't believe somebody revived this thread. :-)

I just uploaded this picture of the boots I wore to Iceland last year:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/61911336@N08/8027169907/

It's not Goretex. I paid around $30 US dollars for it. I did do some hiking with these. And I didn't have any issues with them. I went on this tour: mountainguides.is/DayTours/…

I was fine. This was the only pair of boots I wore to Iceland.

Icelander in...
Destination Expert
for Iceland
Level Contributor
10,860 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: What shoes/boots to wear in Nov?

These are excellent shoes, and if it´s raining or slushy it´s even better if they are GoreTex.

Bimingham
Level Contributor
156 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: What shoes/boots to wear in Nov?

Yeah, I'd agree. Gore-Tex is better, as other boots may be fine for a short period, but after a while walking in damp conditions, the water will eventually soak into the shoes and get your socks and feet wet. But that’s great if your boots were fine – a good purchase!

16. Re: What shoes/boots to wear in Nov?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, September 29, 2013