We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where exactly is the Centre of Reykjavik?

Which Reykjavik hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Scotland
Level Contributor
28 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Where exactly is the Centre of Reykjavik?

Hi.

We've got flights booked ofr June and are looking for a hotel at the moment. Trying to work out exactly where the centre is. The Plaza Hotel is in Adalstraeti and claims to be in the centre whilst the Reykjavik Hotel is in Ruadararstigur and seems quite a bit away but also claims to be in the centre of town.

Any reviews on either of these hotels?

Thanks

Florida
Level Contributor
55 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where exactly is the Centre of Reykjavik?

Okay I would consider the center of town near Parliment Square which is where Centrum Hotel Reykjavik is near. It is about one block from the Hotel Borg which is the IT hotel of the city. I have not stayed at Centrum but it is fairly new and it is in a wonderful location and for the money I would stay there again before I stayed at Hotel Borg. I stayed at Borg for the location but the Radison SAS is a block away and so isn't Centrum. Centrum is located near this nice little square area that has bars and internet cafes and small places to eat and grab a snack. It's just up the street from the main shopping district with plenty of restraunts and bars in walking distance.

If you stay there definately go into Cafe Paris it's a great inexpensive meal which is very hard to find. Cheap fast food isn't cheap there.

Reykjavik, Iceland
Level Contributor
600 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where exactly is the Centre of Reykjavik?

The two hotels that you mention are situated on different ends of Laugavegur, which is the main shopping streat and therefore right smack in the center. The Plaza might be a little more central in terms of restaurants, bars, shops etc, closer to the harbour also...but I'd say it really doesn't matter. You can walk Laugavegur in 15 minutes if you're brisk.