We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Golden Circle tours--food/refreshments along the way

Level Contributor
12 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Golden Circle tours--food/refreshments along the way

I'm looking at a full day Golden Circle tour in August 2011. All of the sites I've reviewed exclude meals/refreshments. I've asked one tour company if there are food/drink options along the way ang got a rather vague answer.

So, I'll ask people have have been there! Do I need to shop for food/refreshments before leaving Reykjavik or are there options along the tour?

GeoIceland Day Tours
Nature & Wildlife Tours, Private Tours, Day Trips, Historical & Heritage Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Back to Iceland travel
Day Trips, Taxis & Shuttles, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
CityWalk Reykjavik
City Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours
Iceland Horizon
Nature & Wildlife Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Bus Tours, Day Trips
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
3 posts
281 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Golden Circle tours--food/refreshments along the way

You get excellent lamb stew at the Gullfosskaffi and nice coffee, cakes etc.

The lamb stew is 1350 ISK with a free refill with chunks of tender lamb and potatoes. Lovely meal after a walk to see the falls on a cold windy day.

Level Contributor
3,724 posts
250 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Golden Circle tours--food/refreshments along the way

Could you pay by credit card for this lamb meal?

Icelander in...
Destination Expert
for Iceland
Level Contributor
11,241 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Golden Circle tours--food/refreshments along the way

,,Lamb stew" !!? It´s a soup ! https://secure.icelandreview.com/icelandrevi…

14. Re: Golden Circle tours--food/refreshments along the way

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 pm, December 17, 2013
Still have questions?
Post your own question so other travelers can help.
Ask a question