We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Top things to do in four days?

Which Reykjavik hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Carlow, Ireland
Level Contributor
2 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Top things to do in four days?

Hi my sister and I are travelling to Reykjavik on the 21st of October for four days. I was wondering what are the best hings to do in such a short time and also what to avoid. Any ideas would be great, thank you.

Reykjavik
Level Contributor
78 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Top things to do in four days?

Hi from Reykjavik

This is a great time to visit our country. What to do depends on how much adventure person you are and of course how much money you are willing to spend.

The best thing this time of the year is to book with as little notice as possible and follow the weather. This is our off season so most things can be booked with 24hrs notice.

Whales, Horses, Aurora, Hiking and the list goes on and on.

If you can afford it, I would hire a private guide for you tours and make sure he is certified. A good place to find a guide is: http://www.icelandguide.is/

Find a guide, female and approx your age, the quality of guide service here in Iceland is good but you might want to ask for referrals.

If you want something different and magical, but still affordable and small groups, take a look at: goecco.com/Index/…

If you want to do the usual tourist stuff, you can find sightseeing tours at www.allrahanda.is and a cheaper option for similar tours is www.netbus.is

Also brows through the forum and get inspired.

We can not promise Aurora, Good weather or snow, but Iceland is a good destination to have a great time ;-)

Anna

Carlow, Ireland
Level Contributor
2 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Top things to do in four days?

Thank you Anna for your reply it is very helpful and I will definitely be taking your advice on things to do.

Reykjavik, Iceland
Level Contributor
488 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Top things to do in four days?

Hi,

To get to know Reykjavik, a Guided tour either walking, biking or electric biking to see more places is a must.

The Golden Circle with more stops then the big companies offer is also a must do.

You have a lot of possibilities and depending on weather you could see the Northern lights all nights.

But no matter how the weather will be, it is Icelandic weather and you can enjoy it. Just dress for the occasion.

Kind regards,

Gunnsi Guide at Season Tours

4. Re: Top things to do in four days?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 08, 2011