We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need some wardrobe advice :)

Which Reykjavik hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Staten Island, NY
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Topic
Need some wardrobe advice :)

Hello, I am so excited to travel to Reykjavik at the end of November, but I am having trouble deciding what kind of clothes to bring. I already ordered a base layer top and pants from Pategonia because I am always cold...but am not sure what to put on top of them! Is there a website where I could see photos of what local 30-something women are wearing both during the day and at night in a pub or at a dance club, so I can get an idea? Also, if you kow of any specific boots that will keep me toasty warm and dry, a link will be most appreciated. Thanks!

Reykjavik, Iceland
Level Contributor
2,740 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need some wardrobe advice :)

Here are two recent threads on this topic:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g189970-i594-k3898…

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g189970-i594-k2784…

Norway
Level Contributor
1,862 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need some wardrobe advice :)

I suspect that you will be fine if you use the same chlothes that you use at home.

I seem to remember that the average winter temperature of Reykjavik is pretty much the same as New York, someone please correct me if I am wrong..

Possibly a bit more windy...

Edited: 6:12 am, September 13, 2010
Reykjavik
Level Contributor
271 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need some wardrobe advice :)

If you are staying in reykjavik you can dress the same for Reykjavik as for Boston or most large cities. If it gets to cold you can just pop in somewhere for a cup of coffee.

If you are going into the country though then you have a completely different thing.

Bring good shoes, wear layers and bring something that is waterproof and windstopping.

If you do this you will be fine :)

Staten Island, NY
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Need some wardrobe advice :)

Thank you!

Edited: 5:15 pm, September 17, 2010
Staten Island, NY
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Need some wardrobe advice :)

Thank you!

6. Re: Need some wardrobe advice :)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:35 am, March 17, 2011