We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need travel agency for Glacier Lagoon tour.

hawaii
Level Contributor
158 posts
Save Topic
Need travel agency for Glacier Lagoon tour.

Are there any travel agency offer the"Glacier Lagoon tour" in between Sep 25 to Sep 29?

The "Go Travel Icelands" stop offering this tour on Sep 13. We really want to see the Glacier Lagoon.

Thank you in Advance

Icelander in...
Destination Expert
for Iceland
Level Contributor
11,439 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need travel agency for Glacier Lagoon tour.

Why not consider a ,,private tour" ??

www.atours.is

www.tour.is

www.superjeep.is

And more.

B-)

hawaii
Level Contributor
158 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Need travel agency for Glacier Lagoon tour.

I checked their websit, and found the Glacier lagoon tour is very expensive. Would you please tell me, how long does it take to get there from Reykjavik if I hire a car , and the road condition? Is it easy to do on my own?

Thanks a lot

Mentioned in this post
Reykjavik
Reykjavik
Capital Region, Iceland
Mountain View...
Level Contributor
799 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need travel agency for Glacier Lagoon tour.

It should take 4-5 hours of leisurely driving - you don't want to zip through from point A to point B given the wonderful sights en route. Yes, you can do it on your own. The road is paved all the way and it is a marvellous drive. Pick up a Lonely Planet, or Bradt Travel Guide, or Frommer's, get acquainted with the basics, and head out.

hawaii
Level Contributor
158 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Need travel agency for Glacier Lagoon tour.

Thank you very much for the information, Do you think we should spend a night there or take a day trip? Do we have rent a 4x4 car?

Mountain View...
Level Contributor
799 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need travel agency for Glacier Lagoon tour.

I recommend spending the night at the Gerdi farm. It will make for a more relaxed trip, and besides the environs around the farm are terrific. A 2WD will do just fine, as long as you stick to the Ring Road. You can take the 2WD on many gravel roads, too, but not on the F marked routes. If in doubt, ask someone.

Mentioned in this post
Ring Road
Ring Road
123 Reviews
Iceland
hawaii
Level Contributor
158 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Need travel agency for Glacier Lagoon tour.

Where is "Gerdi farm" located? I found Fosshotel Skaftafell hotel, I am not sureif it is the same location as Gerdi farm or close to it? Do you think the Fosshotel Skaftafell Hotel will be fine? ( I mean the right location for the Glacier Lagoon tour?)

Appreciate your reponse

Mentioned in this post
Fosshotel Reykjavik
Fosshotel Reykjavik
1,770 Reviews
Reykjavik, Iceland
Mountain View...
Level Contributor
799 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Need travel agency for Glacier Lagoon tour.

Gerdi is only 13 Kms from the lagoon. Here -

nat.is/Auglysingar/gerdi_guesthouse_sudursve…

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
33,125 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Need travel agency for Glacier Lagoon tour.

The hotel at Skaftafell is a great location. It has a glacier snout behind it and another about a mile away. Stunning area, and not a long drive to Jokusjarlon.

Icelander in...
Destination Expert
for Iceland
Level Contributor
11,439 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Need travel agency for Glacier Lagoon tour.

But twice as pricey as Gerdi, and Gerdi has the ,,bookshelf" restaurant, which is an experience of its own. And Gerdi is the perfect turn-around place.

B-)

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
33,125 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Need travel agency for Glacier Lagoon tour.

Yes, but....... I haven't stayed at Gerdi (more's the pity) so can't recommend it, as I don't know it first-hand!