We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seeing "Alice in Wonderland" in Iceland - possible?

Which Reykjavik hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Keasbey, New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,097 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Seeing "Alice in Wonderland" in Iceland - possible?

I'll be in Iceland next week and generally when I go to another country, I like to watch a movie -- just for fun really. And Id love to watch Alice in Wonderland while in Iceland. I don't see anything on the forum(s) about cinemas/theaters -- anyone know if this is an uncommon request?

Icelander in...
Destination Expert
for Iceland
Level Contributor
10,728 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Seeing "Alice in Wonderland" in Iceland - possible?

,,Going to the movies" is a big part of Icelandic culture, and something not to be missed, if you want to learn about the nation, that lives here.

We have strange customs, when we go to the movies. First, there are always tons of advertisments before the film starts, but that does not allow you to be late ! Second, we buy loads of popcorn and sodas, and third, and for some the most annoying of all, there is an intermission !!, about ten minutes, to go to the rest room, get rid of the soda, and buy more. And noone sits in during the credit lists.

It´s fun to go to the movies, I do that often myself, we get all the films very early, and often are the first one to get the films.

,,The film will come to a theater near you" on March the fifth, and will be shown in ,,Sambíóin" which are located in the east end of town, next to the main bus station, and in the ,,Kringlan" mall.

Have fun.

P.S.

How many steps were there to the door ?

Alice was being held captive by the queen of hearts, the queen placed Alice 8 metres from the door, and said:

You can only take half the distance to the door in each step, how many steps will there be, until you´re out of the door ? If you answer right, you can leave, but, if you answer wrong, OFF WITH YOUR HEAD !

Answer this correctly, and you can go to the movies, or else, OFF WITH YOUR H.... !!

B-)

Keasbey, New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,097 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Seeing "Alice in Wonderland" in Iceland - possible?

HAHA!! guess what?? In south asian films (namely indian) they do the same thing!!! INTERMISSION.. so no worries, i shud fit rite in. however, i will be sitting a lil bit thru the credits. LOL I enjoy it.

... if im staying at centerhotel klopp.. will i be able to walk to the movie theater?

thank u so much for ur help

p.s. i know the answer =o)

Icelander in...
Destination Expert
for Iceland
Level Contributor
10,728 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Seeing "Alice in Wonderland" in Iceland - possible?

Yes you can walk to the Mall Kringlan, it´s about 10 - 15 min. Or take the city bus, it´s easy. Your Hotel lobby can give directions.

PS.

PM me the answer !

B-))

Rockaway, New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,723 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Seeing "Alice in Wonderland" in Iceland - possible?

Frankly, I think the intermission idea during a movie is genius. My husband and I never go to the movies because we hate sitting for such long periods of time but hate to miss any of the action so we always wind up renting DVD's instead.

5. Re: Seeing "Alice in Wonderland" in Iceland - possible?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, August 27, 2010