We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Solo, On a Budget, Don't Party - things to do?

Which Reykjavik hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Keasbey, New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,097 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Solo, On a Budget, Don't Party - things to do?

There are the obvious tours and such that I will be taking, but given that I'm going next week and the sun is still rising pretty late, its safe to say that there will be more "night time" then "day". I'm not a drinker/party-er. I like to do things that are fun without the chaos, and I love to explore culture, and sightsee and such. I'll be in Iceland solo for a total of 5 full days. My plans so far include:

Northern lights (if the sky clears up)

Golden Circle

Blue Lagoon

Some shopping

Hop on and off bus (should I bother?)

but wat else can i plan to see? i wanted to go to the south coast, but im on a tight budget n really cant spend $100s of dollars on tours and such.

Advise?

I'm staying at Centerhotel Klopp if that helps.

Thanks guys

Reykjavik
Level Contributor
271 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Solo, On a Budget, Don't Party - things to do?

With the Hop on and hop off bus you get a 48 hour ticket that can be used for transportation anywhere on the circle between 10 and 8 at night.

2. Re: Solo, On a Budget, Don't Party - things to do?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, August 26, 2010