We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Years Eve

Which Reykjavik hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Istanbul, Turkey
3 posts
Save Topic
New Years Eve

My friends and I are thinking of meeting in Reykjavik for NYE. We are coming from Istanbul, Turkey, they from the US. Would appreciate any input from Europeans, like us, about flight info, or from Americans, for my friends. Also wondering about places to stay. We are not loaded, but are not poor students, either. Any help?

Thessaloniki,GR
Level Contributor
123 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Years Eve

As far as flights are concerned, you should travel from IST to Frankfurt, Amsterdam, Copenhagen or London and then from there catch either Iceland Air or Iceland Express to Reykjavik.

The ticket for you whole trip, though, would be too expensive. From Greece is around 700 euros for a round-trip ticket. As Iceland is too expenseve, I figure that accommodation for that time of year will be overpriced too.

Anyway, Iceland is fantastic, so if you make it to go, it is more than sure that you will have a great time.

JIM

uk
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: New Years Eve

I don't know about how expensive the flights are from Turkey or the us, but a good hotel to stay in is either Hotel Fronn, which is situated just of the main highstreet, or the new- 4th Floor Hotel. Anything with a 101 area code is in the centre. See you new year, we're of to iceland too!!!!(go to kaffibirin the best bar in reykjavik)

uk
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: New Years Eve

I don't know about how expensive the flights are from Turkey or the us, but a good hotel to stay in is either Hotel Fronn, which is situated just of the main highstreet, or the new- 4th Floor Hotel. Anything with a 101 area code is in the centre. See you new year, we're of to iceland too!!!!(go to kaffibirin the best bar in reykjavik)

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
54,635 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New Years Eve

Icelandair offer v cheap flights out of LHR, Iceland Express cheap flights from Stansted - if you fly into LHR or LGW and choose Iceland Express, you'll have to factor in the time and money it will take to get from there to Stansted. Icelandair also offer direct flights from CDG, if you can get a cheap flight to Paris. Your friends will have to fly with Icelandair from the States, as that's the only airline that goes from North America to KEF.

The Icelandair flight that leaves LHR at 2130, arriving at KEF at 2310 will be met by the Flybus, no danger of being left for the night at the airport.

How many of you are going? You might be better off with an apartment than a hotel if there are four or five of you, and the plus of having a kitchen and a little more space is worth the money. Have a look at www.hotel.is for a list of hotels and apartments.