We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question about Fly Bus

Which Reykjavik hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York, NY
Level Contributor
102 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Question about Fly Bus

I will be taking the Fly Bus to Reykjavik and plan on getting a ticket that will drop me off at my hotel (Centerhotel Klopp). How does the shuttle work? does the main shuttle take passengers to the city and then you transfer to smaller shuttles to each hotel or does the main shuttle stop at all hotels? I'm trying to purchase a ticket online but there's nowhere to input the hotel I need to be dropped off at. Can someone please clarify?

Dominik

Icelander in...
Destination Expert
for Iceland
Level Contributor
10,728 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Question about Fly Bus

The main bus takes you all the way.

See www.re.is flybus

B-)

New York, NY
Level Contributor
102 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Question about Fly Bus

Thank you. Would you know anything about the company that operates the Flybus regarding their excursions? I plan on purchasing two tours from them and being that I'm a single passenger, is there a chance that the tour will not depart if I end up being the only one on there? Is Thanksgiving weekend (November 27-29) usually busy in regards to American tourists?

One final question regarding the round trip ticket on the Flybus. If I purchase the FlyBus Plus ticket, I don't see anywhere online where I need input which hotel I need to be dropped off. Would I just tell the driver? I don't foresee this being a tedious process from what I know about Iceland but I've traveled through Africa and experienced the worst... in a good way though :)

Dominik

Reykjavik
Level Contributor
271 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Question about Fly Bus

Reykjavik Excursions www.re.is are free sale and guarantee all Reykjavik Excursions day tours if weather permits. Even though you would be alone you get your tour.

If you book the Flybus ticket you just need to inform your driver where you want to be dropped and he will drop you off at your hotel.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
990 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Question about Fly Bus

Just so you know, if you're taking the FlyBus back to the airport, a small bus picks you up and takes you to the BSI. Then you get on a larger bus and head back to the airport.

New York, NY
Level Contributor
102 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Question about Fly Bus

So the big bus takes me to the hotel FROM the airport but on the return a smaller one picks me up to connect to the main shuttle?

Dominik

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
990 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Question about Fly Bus

Yeah, when I took the Flybus back to the airport, a small bus picked us and other passengers up in front of our hotel. It took us to the BSI where we found our larger bus (Departure via Blue Lagoon) and got on that. You transfer your own luggage as well. You could buy a ticket in advance and print it off the website or buy at the BSI once you get off the small bus.

If you're confused/unsure, just double check with your hotel's reception staff.

Reykjavik
Level Contributor
271 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Question about Fly Bus

You always have to book the pickup in the hotel Reception the day before departure. This ensures that you get the correct pickup time and the least possible Hassle :)

Seattle
Destination Expert
for Iceland
Level Contributor
1,089 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Question about Fly Bus

It is possible that the main bus will not take you all the way.

The FlyBus from the KEF airport is a large motorcoach that goes from the international airport to the BSI bus terminal in Reykjavik.

If you buy the FlyBus plus ticket that will take you to your hotel, you most likely will transfer to a mini-bus at the BSI terminal. It all depends on how many people are on your FlyBus and where everyone is going. It changes everytime depending upon needs, which is why you tell the driver your destination when you get on. Then, when everyone who is going on that bus from the airport is on, the FlyBus people decide on the best way to do it.

Some hotels and guesthouses on the FlyBus list are on streets too narrow for a motorcoach, so a mini-bus must be used. If your hotel is on a wide street, but only a few are going, they will send a mini-bus with a load of passenges for the hotels in that area.

If this seems complicated, it is not. The FlyBus people have been doing this for decades and have a good system. Just get on the bus at the airport, tell the driver your hotel, and when you get to the BSI station in Reykjavik, they will tell you to stay on or transfer.

You will stop at the BSI terminal before you go to your hotel, regardless if you stay on the main bus or transfer to a mini-bus.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
73 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Question about Fly Bus

It is very easy.They have a ticket machine right at the exit, you buy your ticket, then get on the bus; they'll ask you your hotel; you will either be directly sent there, or transfrered to a smaller one in the city; very easy..

10. Re: Question about Fly Bus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, May 20, 2010