We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How long should we stay in Reykjavik?

Which Reykjavik hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Diego, CA
Level Contributor
16 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
How long should we stay in Reykjavik?

I'm planning an Icelandic trip with my wife and 2 adult kids. I've heard great things about the city but I figure it must not be very large. How many days should do we need to stay there to get the full flavor of Reykjavik? Thank you in advance for your advice.

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,634 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How long should we stay in Reykjavik?

It depends.....on what you want to do and see, and how long your overall trip is, and where else you are going.

For a brief introduction, I think 2 days would be sufficient. As you say, it is small, and the centre is very compact - from the sea to the centre is 3 streets.

Icelander in...
Destination Expert
for Iceland
Level Contributor
10,731 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How long should we stay in Reykjavik?

Two full days for the city.

One day for the Golden Circle.

One day for the south shore.

One day for the west coast.

All this can be done with R.vik as a base.

B-)

Singapore
Level Contributor
282 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How long should we stay in Reykjavik?

Hi,

Thanks for all the information. I may be stopping by in Iceland around 23 June. Is it a good time to travel during this date and do I have to book accommodate early? If I do not drive, could I still Reykjavik and the other 3 sites within 5 days? I have a week, how would the itinerary like, I would not mind doing some overnight trip out of Reykjavik. Regards.

4. Re: How long should we stay in Reykjavik?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:22 am, November 22, 2009