We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheap(ish) accomodation in central Reykjavik

UK
Level Contributor
21 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Cheap(ish) accomodation in central Reykjavik

My girlfriend and I are visiting Iceland for fifteen days in July and are just in the process of booking accomodation. Has anybody any recommendations for cheap(ish) accomodation quite central in Reykjavik?It seems as if the central hostel is booked for the dates that we want(two nights 23rd and 24th July), but are there any other hostels or guesthouses that people recommend?I've already e-mailed a couple of places-Aurora and Moby Dick-has anybody any past experiences of these places?

Icelander in...
Destination Expert
for Iceland
Level Contributor
10,802 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheap(ish) accomodation in central Reykjavik

Never heard of Aurora or Moby dick.

Try Reykjavik city hostel, they have a brand new hostel in the center. Also try the Salvation army guesthouse, a very good one, right on Parliament square, you can´t get more central than that.

B-)

West Hartford CT
8 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Cheap(ish) accomodation in central Reykjavik

I stayed at Leifur Eiriksson across Hallgrimmskirkja.

It was central,nice and cheap

Sunnyvale...
12 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Cheap(ish) accomodation in central Reykjavik

A friend who was in Iceland a couple of months ago highly recommended Barugata 11, which is in central Reykjavik, but on a side street, so a bit quieter. She said they were very nice and accomodating, and the breakfast is great. I don't have personal experience there (we've decided to splurge a bit and stay in the Hotel Borg while we're there), but thought I would pass that along FWIW.

Reykjavik
Level Contributor
271 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cheap(ish) accomodation in central Reykjavik

Reykjavik Backpackers in Downtown Reykjavik is a newly opened Backpacker Guesthouse that looks really fresh from what I have seen of it.

I would recomend that.

Salisbury, United...
Level Contributor
8,148 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cheap(ish) accomodation in central Reykjavik

Try Hotel Cabin, they have some cheap rooms.

6. Re: Cheap(ish) accomodation in central Reykjavik

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, November 30, 2009