We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with the adaptor, urgent. PLease

Which Reykjavik hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Annapolis, MD
Level Contributor
19 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Help with the adaptor, urgent. PLease

Hello,

I'm in Reykjavik at the moment. I thought my sister took the right adapter with her before we left for Iceland, but she took only the Type A to Type F or C converter ... I urgently need a Type B to Icelandic (I think it's type F or C) converter. Where can I buy it here in Reykjavik ... ??? I went to BT in the Maralind Mall and Elko and none had them ... asked at the hotel (Raddisson Saga and they didn't have them). My laptop is at 15% battery please someone help me get one, I would really appreciate your help! Thank you in advance.

Type B (the one I have) …wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Domestic_AC_Type_B_…

Reykjavik, Iceland
Level Contributor
2,742 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help with the adaptor, urgent. PLease

See the last two items on this post tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g189970-i594-k2530…

The hardware store referenced is about 20 minutes walk from Hotel Saga and will open at 10.00 tomorrow, Monday.

Reykjavik, Iceland
Level Contributor
2,742 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help with the adaptor, urgent. PLease

Failing that, get a taxi to ELKO, which is a large electrical appliances store.

http://www.elko.is/verslanir_elko/

Open at 11.00am, nearest store is Skeifan. It's probably a good idea to keep your taxi waiting for you.

I bought a travel multi-adapter there some 6 months ago to plug a USA Blue Tooth headset battery charger into an Icelandic socket.

But this one will do for your needs:

www.elko.is/elko/product_detail/…

Annapolis, MD
Level Contributor
19 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help with the adaptor, urgent. PLease

Thanks much for a reply. Elko that I went to by the Smaralind mall didn't have one, but luckily I had a fellow American on a Golden Circle trip today and he gave me his, so I'm covered for now. Thanks for reply though!

4. Re: Help with the adaptor, urgent. PLease

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 pm, October 21, 2009