We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I've always wanted to go to Iceland but., until now......

Which Reykjavik hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
adamski
Level Contributor
1 post
Save Topic
I've always wanted to go to Iceland but., until now......

...it has been a bit to expensive.

So I think it's affordable to go to Iceland now. I just have a question.

I'm from the UK, and I read that the relations between the two countries could be better.

But I'd like to think that that is a problem between governments and not between people. I'd still love to go to Iceland, maybe I'll go there next weekend.

Will I be welcomed?

Also. Do I need to get out my winter coat?

Adam

Icelander in...
Destination Expert
for Iceland
Level Contributor
10,731 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I've always wanted to go to Iceland but., until now......

Take out your winter coat, but expect a warm welcome.

B-)

Southampton
Level Contributor
4,074 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I've always wanted to go to Iceland but., until now......

Have you seen the Icelanders are not terrorists site? (linked below). Look at the postcard section - it's hilarious! I especially like the Santa pictures

http://indefence.is/Postcards

from this, I think we can conclude that

1)Most people in Iceland support Man Utd, but at least one likes Chelsea

2)Everyone in Iceland has the same jumper (grey with a white zigzag pattern around the neck and shoulders)

Other than the terror sheep (see postcards linked above), I am sure you will be fine. I absolutely still intend to go! I am already planing for next summer. My friend is coming from America to meet me in Iceland.

Reykjavik, Iceland
Level Contributor
2,741 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I've always wanted to go to Iceland but., until now......

And if you want to read the latest news, take a look at http://newiceland.net/

Do note that (at this date) there are two pages, but only a very, very small link to page 2 - don't miss it!

Berlin
Level Contributor
49 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I've always wanted to go to Iceland but., until now......

Oh yes thesrs no problems there for you with regards to the locals,oh yes thers a warm welcome awaiting yes it would be nice to have a warm coat,gloves, scarf, warm hate,beannie, the clothes depend on what you want to do, to do glacier mountain sports you would need the gear.. warm one

5. Re: I've always wanted to go to Iceland but., until now......

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:16 pm, October 11, 2009