We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need info on Einholt Guesthouse

NYC
Level Contributor
26 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Need info on Einholt Guesthouse

hi there!

i'm looking for a fairly inexpensive place for me & my boyfriend to stay while in Iceland in Oct. I'm flying from NYC & he's coming from LA, so our flights are taking up most of the budget. I came across a new guesthouse called Einholt & went ahead and booked a room, but cant find any reviews....

Does anyone know anything about this place? The total cost was @ 9800 ISK for 6 nights.

Reykjavik, Iceland
Level Contributor
2,754 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need info on Einholt Guesthouse

I don't have any direct knowledge. The guesthouse is located on the edge of a quiet residential area, in what was a small light industrial / commercial section, which is in the early stages of being converted to up-market housing.

There is some construction work in progress a few hundred metres away but this shouldn't affect you.

It's a five minute walk to a street with a few restaurants, and a further couple of minutes will bring you to the city bus station at Hlemmur (not to be confused with the long-distance bus station where most tours begin) and Laugavegur, the main "shopping street" leading to the centre of Reykjavík.

NYC
Level Contributor
26 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need info on Einholt Guesthouse

thanks, FrozenBaz!

Overall, do you think this might be a good choice based on the price & location? Is it central enough if we want to go out at night & party w/ the locals?

and roughly how far is it from the bus station that the tours leave from?

Your insights are appreciated & if you have any other tips/suggestions - i'd be interested....

Reykjavik, Iceland
Level Contributor
2,754 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need info on Einholt Guesthouse

Take a look at http://backman.is/mapofrvk/part8.html

Find the number "27" near the cntre, and to the right of that a letter "H". Einholt is the second road past the "H", and the address for Guesthouse Einholt is Einholt 2.

Some of the Web sites listing Guesthouse Einholt have a Microsoft Virtual Earth map showing the guesthouse in entirely the wrong place, down by the harbour. The Google map on other sites doesn't have sufficient resolution to be helpful.

So far as I can see from the Web site and the one review which I've found boo.com/reykjavik/…einholt_guesthouse the price looks about right. It's no problem to walk into town and back to party.

The long-distance bus station (tours, FlyBus) is shown as "21" (coach terminal) on the map link above - it's a 15-20 minute steady walk, almost all flat except for the last short section downhill (but uphill coming back!!). The main street into the centre is the part of Laugavegur running from "28" leftwards to "12" and beyond - click square no. 7 of the map to see the centre.

You'll find four restaurants along Rauðarárstígur between the two "H"'s. Go further to the square "Hlemmur" and on your right you'll see a pizza place and just past that a Thai restaurant. Go the other way down Laugavegur and you'll find plenty of bars and restaurants.

Check out http://www.visitreykjavik.is

4. Re: Need info on Einholt Guesthouse

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:23 am, October 04, 2009