We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family Package for Iceland

Dubai
Level Contributor
24 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Family Package for Iceland

Hey there!

I usually travel alot with my family around Europe and we usually go to the most traditional tourist destinations such as France, spain, Italy, Germany and Switzerland however they arent convinced when I brought up Iceland. For one, their main concern is the safety of the country, how secure is the place there and seondly what is there to do? we usually go for two weeks and we around many cities. however we have to think of my younger sister who is seven, is there anything she can do or have fun in and the primary question for all women hows the shopping.

How could i convince my family that we should travel there!

Oklahoma
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Family Package for Iceland

In my opinion Iceland is one of the safest places to travel. People still leave babies sleeping in strollers outside the shops!

There is a wide variety of things to do and see, from swimming year around either at the Blue Lagoon or any of the cities numerous pools, to getting up close to nature and viewing a volcano crater, geysirs, waterfall, even a glacier if you wish. Not to mention horseback riding, whale watching and fishing. There are interesting museums, the Icelandic Symphony and the family zoo.

Shopping is abundant, whether at one of the malls or downtown or at the tourist shops.

I know I've missed things, so maybe others will post more things to do.

seattle
Level Contributor
93 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Family Package for Iceland

Iceland is like no other place on earth and the amazing beauty is worth the effort to get there. I just returned from 2 weeks there with my 15 year old daughter and we drove the whole Ring Road around the island. We felt incredibly safe at all times!

It is also a very kid friendly place especially with all the pools. Nearly every town has a swimming pool and since the water is so warm it doesn't matter what the air temperature is.

We loved the shopping in Reykjavik along the main street of Laugavegur. Iceland is full of creative energy and there are many shops in Reykjavik that have clothing and jewelry by local designers. Often the designer is even in the shop. Things are not cheap but the design and quality is definitely there!

3. Re: Family Package for Iceland

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:16 pm, October 04, 2009