We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Golden Circle Express Tour - What to Wear?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
285 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
Golden Circle Express Tour - What to Wear?

Hi all!

We are off to Europe and Iceland in two days. (We're so excited!) We booked the Golden Circle Express tour for next weekend and we're wondering what to wear. Are runners/sneakers an absolute must wear item or are flat shoes appropriate? I want to pack as little as possible, and do not want to pack runners unless I definitely need to for the tour. It is unclear how much walking on rough terrain is involved and any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much!

GeoIceland Day Tours
Nature & Wildlife Tours, Private Tours, Day Trips, Historical & Heritage Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Iceland Horizon
Nature & Wildlife Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Bus Tours, Day Trips
Back to Iceland travel
Day Trips, Taxis & Shuttles, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Time Tours
Bus Tours, Day Trips, Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Icelander in...
Destination Expert
for Iceland
Level Contributor
11,230 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Golden Circle Express Tour - What to Wear?

There is no walking on rough surface, so flaf bottom shoes are alright. Of course it might be raining, but you´ll know it when you start the tour.

Have a nice tour,

B-)

Inverness
Level Contributor
90 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Golden Circle Express Tour - What to Wear?

Hi- This time last week I was on the Golden Circle Tour!

I wore walking boots, they probably weren't needed for much of the tour, but if you would like to walk to the end of the path at the Gullfoss waterfall it is a good idea to have shoes that have good grips. It was also a little bit muddy there.

Hope you enjoy it & I wish I was back there again!

Cheers

RachieD

Nova Scotia, Canada
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Golden Circle Express Tour - What to Wear?

With whom did you book your golden circle express tour?... I see mostly the golden circle classic advertised.

Icelander in...
Destination Expert
for Iceland
Level Contributor
11,230 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Golden Circle Express Tour - What to Wear?

You´re not looking !

http://www.re.is/gullfoss_geysir_direct/

grayline.is/day_tours_and_sightseeing_in_ice…

B-)

Nova Scotia, Canada
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Golden Circle Express Tour - What to Wear?

Thanks. I did come across both of those suggestions previously but I was under the impression that there was something specifically named "Golden Circle Express" b/c I saw it referenced as such multiple times. Is there a significant difference between the classic and express tours? (other than time and cost)

Icelander in...
Destination Expert
for Iceland
Level Contributor
11,230 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Golden Circle Express Tour - What to Wear?

Of course ! One is without Þingvellir, there are fewer stops, less time is given at the sites, but you´ll get to see the main attractions though.

B-)

Inverness
Level Contributor
90 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Golden Circle Express Tour - What to Wear?

Hiya - I was in Iceland last weekend. I done the Classic Golden Circle Tour and my friend done the express one. I seemed to enjoy my trip more than she enjoyed hers. On the express one you dont see Thingvellir and dont get as long at Geysir. She felt that she had just spent too much time on the bus. I would definately suggest the Classic Tour.

8. Re: Golden Circle Express Tour - What to Wear?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:18 am, September 28, 2009