We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sleeping at the airport and bus to Skaftafell

Which Reykjavik hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Berkshire
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Sleeping at the airport and bus to Skaftafell

Hi, i wonder if anyone can help me?

Myself and a friend are flying into to the airport at 11:10pm and are stryuggling to find any affordable vacancies. We also have to be at the Bus station in Reykjavik by 8am in the morning so it seems a bit daft paying for a night in a hotel if we'll only be there for 6 hours or so.

Will we get away with kipping in the airport or are security strict on this?

Will there be a bus in the morning that can get us to the bus station by 8am next morning?? We're getting the bus that goes to Skaftafell but can't work out from the websites how much we could expect to pay....any help would be very appreciated!

Thankyou!

Heather

Berkshire
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sleeping at the airport and bus to Skaftafell

Oh, and to make it even more difficult it'll be a sunday morning that we have to get into Reykjavik by 8am!

Iceland
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Sleeping at the airport and bus to Skaftafell

I think it would be best for you to take the airport shuttle straight to the bus station when you arrive at Keflavik and try to get some sleep there (at the bus station).

Berkshire
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sleeping at the airport and bus to Skaftafell

Ok, thanks for that :)

I assume that the bus station has indoor space, toilets etc?

Iceland
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Sleeping at the airport and bus to Skaftafell

Yes, they have indoor space, toiletts and even a restaurant.

Norwich
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Sleeping at the airport and bus to Skaftafell

Hi, sorry to butt in but I'm going as well - is the bus station open all night? Is this idea feasible? Ta.

Berkshire
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sleeping at the airport and bus to Skaftafell

Guess it'll just be a case of starving off boredom for the night! Thankyou Evealice :-)

Iceland
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Sleeping at the airport and bus to Skaftafell

Actually the bus station is open 03:30-24:00 so there are few hours there which are closed. I am sorry but I did not know that - I really thought they were open 24 hours.

The restaurants is open 24 hours but they probably have a drive throuh service those closing hours.

I still do not know if you are allowed to sleep on chairs at the airport but at least they can not throw you out if you are awake!!!

Berkshire
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sleeping at the airport and bus to Skaftafell

Oh well, i guess we can wait at the airport for a bit and just catch the flybus to the bus station later. I guess it must leave at least every hour or so if there are planes coming in frequently.

(i hope!)

9. Re: Sleeping at the airport and bus to Skaftafell

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:18 am, September 28, 2009