We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nightlife

Sheffield, United...
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Nightlife

Hi everyone, im planning on going to iceland for a week in april and have heared about the great nightlife, which i wanna experience. I would just like to know if this is pretty much restricted to the weekend as i plan on getting out the city and so if it only goes off on a fri/sat i will try and plan my itinery around this.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated

Reykjavik, Iceland
Level Contributor
2,754 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nightlife

I'll open this with the comment that I don't get much involved with nightlife (at least with the Reykjavík variety starting at 01:00!) these days, but from what I hear then it is very much based around Friday and Saturday nights. If you are here in late April then both Wednesday 23rd and Wednesday 30th will probably also be active, as there are public holidays on 24th (First Day of Summer) and 1st May (in fact two holidays this year, Labour Day and Ascension Day).

Come to think of it, 30th April may stop at midnight sharp with a religious holiday (Ascension Day) on 1st May, but I've never been able to work out the "ifs" and "buts" of Icelandic law and religious festivals, despite living here for almost 25 years!

Reykjavik, Iceland
Level Contributor
600 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nightlife

Pretty much restricted to the weekend: yes. There will be happenings during the week as well but much more lowkey, think a guy with a guitar and a pint of lager.

Friday and Saturday nights if you want to experience the "real" fun.

Icelander in...
Destination Expert
for Iceland
Level Contributor
10,859 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nightlife

Here you go:

www.grapevine.is/default.aspx…

http://www.whatson.is/whats_on/

B-)

4. Re: Nightlife

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:20 pm, September 23, 2009