We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with a three day plans?

London
Level Contributor
24 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Help with a three day plans?

Hi there,

7 of us are coming to Iceland in March for the first time so we want to do as much as possible, we would appreciate any help here for planning our trip!

We will have three whole days there, arriving on Friday morning, and leaving on Monday morning. We decided to rent two cars for the whole stay. We have booked hotel for three days in Reykjavik town.

Places we want to visit:

Reykjavik town for half a day and clubbing in one night

Geysir and Gullifoss

Seljalandsfoss

skogafoss

Myrdalsjokull glacier

Vik i Myrdal

We would love to go to Jokulsarlon as well if time allows.

Can someone tell me if it's possible to visit all the places listed above in three days?

Also I realised that some glacier don't 'open' until April, is that true? We really would love to visit Myrdalsjokull if not Jokulsarlon.

If we can go to a glacier, can we go for a glaciar walk ourselves?

Anyone has good club in town to recommend?

Sorry for the number of questions, I would really appreciate anyone's help!

Thank you in advance!

Mentioned in this post
Iceland
Iceland
Europe
London
Level Contributor
24 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Help with a three day plans?

we would love to do a glacier trip, but we are not sure if it's possible in March, as they usually open after April or May.

So may be we will just drive near it, take some pictures, and plan our next trip to Iceland for the glacier.

Mentioned in this post
Iceland
Iceland
Europe
Icelander in...
Destination Expert
for Iceland
Level Contributor
11,429 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Help with a three day plans?

To do a glacier walk, the only company is Iceland mountainguides. Their website is here: http://www.mountainguide.is/English/

Price is from 6.900 Isk.

B-)

Mentioned in this post
Iceland
Iceland
Europe
London
Level Contributor
24 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Help with a three day plans?

o, thank you very much! You are a great guide and advisor! The prices are reasonable, we surely will consider it carefully!

I'm so excited!

14. Re: Help with a three day plans?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 pm, September 17, 2009