We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport facilities/showers?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
96 posts
72 reviews
Airport facilities/showers?

Hi I am arriving in Iceland at 6am, wanted to know if there was somewhere I can pay in the airport to shower before I head to Reykjavik. I am starting a tour right away once I arrive into Reykjavik city would be nice if I can have a fresh shower before leaving the airport.

9 replies to this topic
Boston...
Level Contributor
164 posts
6 reviews
1. Re: Airport facilities/showers?

There are no showers in the airport. The only showers you will find are those you get with accomodation (whether hotel, camping, or AirBnB)

Bedford,U.K
Level Contributor
1,946 posts
7 reviews
2. Re: Airport facilities/showers?

Can't answer specifically, but your post caught my attention.

When I fly West, so days are muuuuch longer that the shower thing rung true with me.

After checking that my passport is still in the same place it was the 12 times I checked before, the last thing I do before leaving home is shower.

Gardabaer, Iceland
Level Contributor
10,743 posts
4 reviews
3. Re: Airport facilities/showers?

I've never even considered that showers would be a thing to have at airports. Are any US based airports offering showers ? Or airports anywhere else in world for that matter ?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
96 posts
72 reviews
4. Re: Airport facilities/showers?

Yes, Rikki_121 most international airports have shower facilities as well as lounges you can pay for or have access to if you are a member (certain credit cards also allow access)

Reykjavik, Iceland
Destination Expert
for Iceland
Level Contributor
13,414 posts
59 reviews
5. Re: Airport facilities/showers?

The Saga Lounge has showers: https:/…

But as you can imagine it's for business class passengers.

Boston...
Level Contributor
164 posts
6 reviews
6. Re: Airport facilities/showers?

You can also buy "wilderness wipes" or similar. I usually travel with those anyway since I find planes gross. I feel somewhat clean after rubbing my face or neck with them.

Reykjavik, Iceland
Level Contributor
2,803 posts
65 reviews
7. Re: Airport facilities/showers?

Of course there are swimming pools, all of which have showers.

The nearest are in Reykjanesbæ and Njarðvík - both open at 06:30 Monday-Friday, alter at weekends.

https:/…sports-and-recreation

Gardabaer, Iceland
Level Contributor
10,743 posts
4 reviews
8. Re: Airport facilities/showers?

Shows I've never traveled business class 😁😁

Airports IMO tend to be places where I would like to spend as little time in as possible.....

Cologne, Germany
Destination Expert
for Iceland
Level Contributor
12,701 posts
88 reviews
9. Re: Airport facilities/showers?

I think stopping at one of the pools FrozenBaz suggested would be your best bet if you have a rental car and can spare the time. Or you could contact Icelandair and ask if you can buy access to the Saga Lounge, although I don't think that is possible. Otherwise you may be out of luck.

I usually also bring wet wipes and some essentials to freshen up on the plane at the end of a long flight.

Reply to: Airport facilities/showers?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted