Day 0- Reykjavik(Blue Lagoon in morning. Fly over Lake Myavtn in the afternoon. Explore city at night.)
Day 1- Get rental car at 10AM and head to Pinvellir, Geysir, Gulfoss and Pjorsardalur. (Lunch stop) 2 PM Porsmork (Can we do the hiking by ourselves or do we need to book a guide.) We are sleepin in Hella
Day 2- Drive East- stop in Skofagoss, Vik-Reynisdrangur -arrive at Skaftafell National Park. (Do we hike here or hike at Jokulsarlon instead? Do we need to book a guide? Do snowmobiles need to be booked in advance? ) We sleep in Eglistaddir.
Day 3 get in car-stopping in Hallbjarnarstadakambur Crest on way to Jokulsargljufur National Park (Hiking?) We sleep in Husavik)
Day 4 Route 87, stop at Eldhraun, hike Vindbelgjarfjall(?) stop at Dimmuborgir drive to Bjarnflag, stop at Hverarond, Mount Krafla, Viti, drive to Reykjavik (stop at Hotel Budir for dinner, would it be worth it?)
1. Am I missing some major sites?
2. Would you replace any of these Parks, Hikes, with other sites?
3. Would you replace any of days with days in the west fjords or the interior?
4. Any Activities reccommended at any of the parks? Hikes? Snowmobiles? Boats?
5. Will we be able to stop somewhere for lunch or will we have to "save" fruit and bread from the breakfast buffet?
6. I am thinking of doing 10 to 12 hours a day before we crash at the hotels. Does this sound realistic.
7. Dinner reccommendations or Lunch reccommendations are apprecaited.
8. Am I forgetting something?
Thanks for your help! First time in Iceland and I have no idea when I will be coming back so...I have to pack it in...