We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please review my arrival day itinerary

Harrisburg...
Level Contributor
14 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
Please review my arrival day itinerary

My family will be arriving in Reykjavik in three weeks. For our vacation, we have pre-booked tours to the South Coast, Golden Circle and Snaefellsnes. My question pertains to our arrival day. We should arrive in Reykjavik by 8:30am. Our hotel will store our luggage. Once we arrive, we will have breakfast. We have dinner reservations at 6:00pm. Will we have time to do the following (at a leisurely pace) after breakfast and before dinner: go to Solfar, then walk to Hofdi House, then go to Iceland Phallogogical Museum, then go to Hallgrimskirkja (we would like to take the elevator to view the overlook of the city), stop at Braud & Co. (to buy cinnamon rolls), stop at Fotografi (to buy a few souvenir photographs), go to Lake Tjornin (walk around the perimeter of the lake), go to Reykjavik 871 +/- 2, stop at Bonus by Ingolfsstraeti and Hallveigarstigur to buy lunch/snacks for upcoming tours, go back to centrally located hotel on Hverfisgata to check in and drop off purchases and finally go to Harpa? If this is not doable, what would you recommend eliminating? If this is not enough, is there anything that you would add? Also, we really appreciate street art. If there are any pieces that you can recommend that we should stop at, we would be very appreciative.

Mentioned in this post
Reykjavik
Reykjavik
Capital Region, Iceland
Golden Circle Day Tours
Golden Circle Day Tours
562 Reviews
Mosfellsbaer, Iceland
Hofdi House
Hofdi House
449 Reviews
Reykjavik, Iceland
Iceland
Iceland
Europe
Hallgrimskirkja
Hallgrimskirkja
17,420 Reviews
Reykjavik, Iceland
Fotografi
Fotografi
29 Reviews
Reykjavik, Iceland
Lake Tjornin
Lake Tjornin
508 Reviews
Reykjavik, Iceland
5 replies to this topic
Cologne, Germany
Level Contributor
11,806 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Please review my arrival day itinerary

Reykjavík is fairly small and easy to explore on foot. In my opinion you should be able to fit everything in as long as you know where things are and how to get there, but it will be a busy day.

So depending on how tired you are you might not want to do everything on your list. Maybe look up the geothermal pools as a plan b in case you want to relax at sone point on your arrival day.

Albury, Australia
Level Contributor
457 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Please review my arrival day itinerary

On street art, look at the sides of buildings as you wander around. Plenty of interesting paintings and artworks.

There are some nice sculptures of worthy citizens. And some interesting ones such as the one near the town hall/tourist info.

That is what I recall.

Edited: 5:54 am, October 18, 2017
puerto princesa
Level Contributor
6,011 posts
424 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Please review my arrival day itinerary

looks like a busy day but are you sure about the Penis museum---waste of time in my opinion. Wonderful view from Hallgrimkirkje. Many interesting things around Tjornin Lkae, and don;'t forget to buy SKYR at Bonus, a tasty type of yogurt

Zagreb, Croatia
Level Contributor
30 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Please review my arrival day itinerary

I don't think all of that is doable...

There is simply not enough time as you need 1 - 1,5h in the Penis Museum, and at least the same amount for 871 +/- 2, nice walk around Tjörnin should be around 1h at least, as well as visiting Harpa.

Although all those places are well worth the visit, I would say see what's the weather like once you arrive and then decide - if its a rainy day, go to the museums and skip Tjörnin and walking much (have you heard of "Tales from Iceland"? Quite interesting audiovisual exhibition) and if it isn't, then prioritize Tjörnin and Penis Museum (as a unique place) and Harpa.

Street art, found this map - https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/viewer… .

Edited: 7:29 am, October 18, 2017
Mentioned in this post
Tales from Iceland
Tales from Iceland
261 Reviews
Reykjavik, Iceland
Harrisburg...
Level Contributor
14 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Please review my arrival day itinerary

Thank you for your replies. I was not familiar with "Tales from Iceland," but will look into it and the street art map is very helpful. I am looking forward to trying SKYR in Iceland and seeing the sculptures. Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Tales from Iceland
Tales from Iceland
261 Reviews
Reykjavik, Iceland
Iceland
Iceland
Europe
Reply to: Please review my arrival day itinerary
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted