We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Rental

Which Keflavik hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
KLANG
4 posts
Save Topic
Car Rental

Hi there,

Has anybody rent a car from Rent Car Iceland.

email : info@rentcariceland.is

I have send 3 emails to them but no reply.

I already fully paid my rental 3 weeks ago and my

trip starts in July 2012.

Can anybody help me or advise me.

Thanks

K K Ng

Reykjavik, Iceland
Level Contributor
273 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Car Rental

Hi Hi,

I have never heard of them. Have you tried to call them? They have both gsm and office number, and you should be able to get to them there.

Reykjavik, Iceland
Level Contributor
273 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Car Rental

Because of this comment I also remind you of an older post from me, about NOT prepaying cars!

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g189952-i223-k5406…

KLANG
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Car Rental

Thank you for your answer Bill.

I finally receive my email reply and after my trip in iceland I

will feedback their service render.

Reykjavik, Iceland
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Car Rental

Dear sir/madam

My name is Kjartan and I am the sales manager at Rent Car Iceland.

Could you please give me your booking number so I can confirm your booking.

Our response policy is 24 hours on week days, 48 hours on weekends.

I think this is strange while I personally go through all email send.

Please send me an email to kjartan@rentcariceland.is or call us at +354-6117700 and I will gladly help you.

We have added online support were you can chat directly with our support team. It is open 9-17 all week days, closed on weekends(but we are working on having it open on weekends).

My best regards

Kjartan

www.rentcariceland.is

P.s look forward seeing you in Iceland

5. Re: Car Rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 6:35 am, June 03, 2012
KLANG
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Car Rental

I got your email reply and also chitchat with your and looking forward to see you at iceland

Regards

K K Ng

Bologna, Italy
Level Contributor
3 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Car Rental

It is the worst car rental experience I've ever had. I sent an email for confirmation of office hours and no one has responded. We were given an 8 year old car with 170,000 kilometers. The transmission is broken and does not engage easily. The windshield is chipped, the road holding is very bad. Skidding during braking. Overall the vehicle is very insecure.

Edited: 6:17 pm, August 05, 2012
KLANG
4 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Car Rental

I got my car deliver at the airport and a bit late.

I suppose to get auto drive but got manual instead.

Overall car condition is acceptable but next time if you deal

with this company please get black and white on the insurance

coverage especially on the excess which differ from our

initial agreement.

Otherwise its ok and they have to improve on their services

by being on time to deliver and collect vehicles.

Rgds

K K Ng

Alicante, Spain
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Car Rental

Hi:

I have a reservation with this company, but they don´t answer to my mails and the telephone number doesn´t work.

Does the company exist? Do you know if they are closed?

Thank you

Cologne, Germany
3 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Car Rental

Never book at Rent-Car-Iceland!!! It seems to be a great offer, but it's nonserious! We simply did get NO CAR at all...

I don't recommend this car rental, it promisses a lot on the webpage (low prices, discount offers...), is very friendly and kind in e-mail-contact but don't offer anything!!!

We booked a car, twice confirmed by e-mail but when we arrived at the airport in the middle of the night there was nobody. When we called, they just said that there is no car - and adviced us to go to another car rental.

Because we didn't want to cancel all our holiday, we went to HERTZ, got a very good and new car, good service but for the double price. But low price offers don't help if you get no car...

Edited: 1:31 pm, August 08, 2012