We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport Accomodations?

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
23 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
Airport Accomodations?

Hello all,

I have a very early morning flight from KEF and am planning to spend much of my final evening in Iceland at the Blue Lagoon, so just looking for a comfortable but not so expensive option for lodging that night.

Has anyone stayed at Motel Best or Motel Alex? Best seems to run about $60 USD cheaper, but just wondered if they're on roughly similar quality for a quick overnight stay.

Thanks for any feedback you can give me.

Icelander in...
Destination Expert
for Iceland
Level Contributor
11,230 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport Accomodations?

Best is 15 min driving from the airport, but Alex is 3 min driving from airport. Alex is small private huts, but don´t know about Best.

B-)

Seattle
Destination Expert
for Iceland
Level Contributor
1,178 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport Accomodations?

I have never stayed at either location, but I have driven by both.

Motel Alex is very close to the airport, but as icelandicguide mentions, it is more a collection of small huts than a motel. Motel Best is about 5mi from the airport, in the small town of Vogar, and is on the order of a Motel 6 in the US.

Here are reviews from another travel site:

Motel Best:

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g3350937-d63782…

Motel Alex:

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g189964-d524548…

Have a nice trip.

3. Re: Airport Accomodations?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:18 am, September 27, 2009