Thank you for your reply.
Yes I realise they are a broker. Their prices are below the prices from the rental-companies. When will you be using them? Please keep us informed. I also wish you will have a good experience.
I'm going on the 28th March so not long :)
Will review my experience on my return.
I have booked with them several times,..Croatia and Portugal...Both rentals were ok,..everything as described on their web and also staff there at their office seems nice as i had to do some changes,..did it over the phone and the lady there was very helpfull..all in all seem good...I was a little bit sceptical at first time as i did not know them,..but now for me it is a company that is trust to. HOpe you will have same experience
so how was your rental experience?Edited: 9:01 am, August 04, 2015
So how was your experience with vehicle - rent? Pls, pls pls send us a feedback!
STAY AWAY FROM VEHICLE RENT.COM. There are many companies to hire from and this is the worst I have dealt with in 20 years of hiring cars abroad. The actual car hire company, Drive on Holidays, are fine but the broker is a two man band outfit from Iceland that will rip you off.
Experience as follows:
1. I asked for and thought I was getting an airport hire but turned out it was not at the airport but 10 min away. This meant trailing cases to the other side of the airport car park and waiting in the heat for a mini bus. Then, having to find the place on the return trip.
2. I took out their Excess Policy (£60) that they advertise as I mistakenly thought this was insurance with Drive on Holidays. As it turned out this is with Vehicle Rent.com and is not even an insurance policy, it actually covers very little.
3. On return of the car there was a very slight scratch on the passenger side door that cost me 150 euro. This was pretty steep since you could hardly see it but nevertheless it was there. I made a claim to Vehicle rent.com on the excess policy and provided all the documentation. GUESS WHAT? First they asked me for a police report and said they cannot pay without this. I asked if they seriously thought I would phone the police because there was a superficial scratch on the car and they told me that this was their policy. Then they told me it wasn't comprehensive and I had agreed to the terms and conditions on their site. In fact, nowhere in the terms and conditions does it mention anything to do with comprehensive or third party, it tells you that it’s not an insurance policy. Also, in the list of what is excluded, you will find mirrors, glass, undercarriage, etc. But a scratch on the paint work was not there (although it may be now). I copied and pasted their own policy back to them asking where it says I’m not covered so, they reverted back to the stance of a lack of a police report even though all other documentation was there including a verbal confirmation from the car hire company.
4. I have been hiring abroad for 20 years and inevitably, on occasion, have had a scratch or small bump. Every insurance policy has paid without issue except for these crooks. The mistake I made was not checking it until just before I left but after realizing it was a con I took out another insurance policy that cost £27. When I claimed on this they paid me within a week.
5. The fact that it’s not an insurance policy and this company is not from the UK, yes that's right, means that there is nowhere to complain. Basically they don't give a sh**.
Please take my word for it, go take your pick from all the decent companies out there and stay away from this mob.
-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-
This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.
Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.
To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts
I booked a car with vehicle rent in July. I asked for an automatic since I was going on a road trip in Croatia with an american friend who can't drive a stick. I paid extra to get an automatic, 150 euros instead of 100 for the same manual car. When I arrived at the airport in Zagreb, they didn't have any automatic to give me, and had to go with a manual car. I had to do all the driving by my self (close to 1000km in 6 days!!).
When I got back, i asked for a partial refund since I paid extra money for nothing and vehicle-rent told me they were not the rental company and since july, I am being told that they can't get in touch with six zagreb.
Conclusion, don't use this company, they are dishonest.Edited: 10:28 am, October 18, 2015