We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

To all Israelis traveling to Iceland

Ashkelon, Israel
1 post
To all Israelis traveling to Iceland

I am not sure that you have heard this, but there is a house-car-jeep rental company called kuku-campers and go-campers that have publicly, against the constitution of iceland, decided not to service Israelis.

Here is the link to the news, in icelandic, but you can google translate it.

visir.is/hefur-akvedid-ad-thjonusta-ekki-isr…

As an Icelandic living in Israel, I am very sorry and embarrased for this. his loss, as around 100 thousend israelis travel to iceland every year;)

Iceland
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
3 helpful votes
1. Re: To all Israelis traveling to Iceland

Around 100.000 Israeli tourists in Iceland pr. year? That's simply not true. The number of Israeli tourists in Iceland pr. year is so low that in tourism statistics they go into the "others" group. This information is readily available, maybe you should check it out instead of making things up...

Vogar...
Level Contributor
1 post
24 reviews
12 helpful votes
2. Re: To all Israelis traveling to Iceland

Wrong.. According to the Icelandic Tourist Board Israelis travelling to Iceland last year were fewer than 18 thousend as Chinese tourists are number 10 on their list with 18 tousend. A guess? A couple of thousend at most...

Boston...
Level Contributor
230 posts
81 reviews
24 helpful votes
3. Re: To all Israelis traveling to Iceland

I am not Isreali, but I would not rent from a company with such a policy. I would certainly hope other Americans will follow suit.

Jerusalem, Israel
Level Contributor
1 post
20 reviews
12 helpful votes
4. Re: To all Israelis traveling to Iceland

Thanks for the info!

Reykjavik
Level Contributor
2,463 posts
37 reviews
27 helpful votes
5. Re: To all Israelis traveling to Iceland

I doubt this business owners view is reflected in the welcome visitors to Iceland will receive irrespective of nationality, ethnic background or religion. In fact – if he were to refuse a customer based on nationality he would be breaking laws and the constitution here in Iceland.

England
Level Contributor
653 posts
7 reviews
5 helpful votes
6. Re: To all Israelis traveling to Iceland

This is stupid narrow-minded action. I'm English but would certainly reciprocate and take my business elsewhere and so should all others.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
7 posts
6 reviews
2 helpful votes
7. Re: To all Israelis traveling to Iceland

I am an American currently looking for a car rental company for our summer trip. Will definitely stay away from these companies. Will spread the word around. Thank you for the info.

Cinisello Balsamo...
Level Contributor
1,595 posts
213 reviews
122 helpful votes
8. Re: To all Israelis traveling to Iceland

I will have a kuku camper next week!

9. Re: To all Israelis traveling to Iceland

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, July 24, 2015