We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Daylight

Ottawa Canada
Level Contributor
37 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Daylight

We are going to be in Iceland for a few days in mid May. How much actual daylight can we expect?

Thanks!!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
928 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Daylight

Check this: timeanddate.com/worldclock/astronomy.html…

Ottawa Canada
Level Contributor
37 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Daylight

Thanks! I'm wondering how long it takes for the sun to set and rise. How much actual daylight there is?

Reykjavik, Iceland
Level Contributor
9,137 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Daylight

I just opened that link provided by smacdvanbc (how do you guys figure out your profile names...), and it has one interesting feature. Modify parameters > Columns > then select twilight/rise/set

It confirms my feeling. The twilight happens in the middle of the "night". You have real daylight way past your bed time, and long before you get up. If you happen to wake up in the middle of your deep sleep, and look out of the window, you'll see the twilight (unless it's very cloudy)

Enjoy the light!

Edited: 8:37 pm, April 13, 2014
Reykjavik, Iceland
Level Contributor
9,137 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Daylight

Or rather, twilight around the time you go to bed.

Ottawa Canada
Level Contributor
37 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Daylight

Thanks for the quick answer. I'm really looking forward to so much daylight. We get long days in the summer in Ottawa, Canada but nothing compares to Iceland!

6. Re: Daylight

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 11:04 am, April 14, 2014
7. Re: Daylight

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 16, 2015