We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Winter shoe advice - Please help!!

London, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Winter shoe advice - Please help!!

Hi guys,

We are going to iceland next week for end of november/early dec for a short trip. Our trip will not involve anything too hardcore - we are doing the 2 day glacier lake trip, golden circle tour and then just walking around reykjavik.

I was planning on wearing my ugg boots (unpopular i know) but since reading some threads regarding how much of a bad choice these are, i've been looking to buy something last minute. We really wont be doing any hiking per say but warm dry feet are VERY important to me.

I saw these on ebay and are a good price, i dont really want to spend too much money. Do people think these would be sufficient? Really we are just sight seeing on these coach tours so surely these will be robust enough? Thoughts?

ebay.co.uk/itm/…

GeoIceland Day Tours
Nature & Wildlife Tours, Private Tours, Day Trips, Historical & Heritage Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Iceland Horizon
Nature & Wildlife Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Bus Tours, Day Trips
Back to Iceland travel
Day Trips, Taxis & Shuttles, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Time Tours
Bus Tours, Day Trips, Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Colorado Springs...
Level Contributor
10 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Winter shoe advice - Please help!!

Get some proper hiking boots and your feet will thank you. I have a pair of Keens that I adore and wear everywhere, and they are pretty cute in my opinion, in a mountain-gal kind of way. They are all the rage in Colorado. Those one's you are looking at are pretty darn cute too. :) Just make sure they are waterproof or resistant.

Scunthorpe, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Winter shoe advice - Please help!!

Get to Go Outdoors or online and get proper hiking boots plenty of good deals on now. Golden Circle tour and Glacier trip very likely to be wet, icy or both and waterproof boots are vital. Also might consider ice grips to slip on boots for extra grip-I used Katoolas expensive, but vey good

Cornwall
Level Contributor
64 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Winter shoe advice - Please help!!

Hi Dr Bobbypins - did you get those ebay boots and if so were they any good for your trip? I have been looking at the same boots for my trip in mid March so I would be really interested in how you got on and what footwear you decided on. Any advice would be great.

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Winter shoe advice - Please help!!

hi cyrilcat, regarding boots I got some north face chilkats from Gaynor's stock both men's and women's, and half price.tested mine with no socks on, on top of cliff , early hours and freezing cold feet were toasty warm,

5. Re: Winter shoe advice - Please help!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, January 28, 2015