We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

iceland tours

Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
iceland tours

Is it necessary/better to book tours in advance of travel or on the day?

Am going on friday 8th March for 4 nights and want to whale watch, golden circle, blue lagoon tours. Thanks

Icelander in...
Destination Expert
for Iceland
Level Contributor
10,838 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: iceland tours

Not if you don´t care whom you go with.

Matlock
Level Contributor
39 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: iceland tours

We, being my friend and me, are sixty years of age and will be in Reykjavik for four nights during the middle of this month. We are trying to decide whether to opt for excursions (generally a less preferred option for me) or whether to hire a car. If we choose to use excursions, are there any companies that are especially recommended? Also, if we hire a car, would we be disadvantaged when trying to find The Lights? From what I have read, guides appear to be in contct with each other, sharing knowledge, when they take groups out chasing The Lights.

Thank you.

3. Re: iceland tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, March 07, 2014