We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

wifi on the go - necessary?

Folsom, California
Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
wifi on the go - necessary?

Hello friendly forum,

Just 17 days to my icelandic vacation!

I'm hoping to drive around quite a bit during my 9 day stay in iceland - the roaming rates for 3g on sprint (an american service) are way too high, so i was wondering if getting a wifi-on-the-go device would be useful/necessary.

what are some cost-effective options to be connected while in iceland? are there any travel phones that i can purchase to make calls within iceland or should i use my regular phone instead?

boston
Level Contributor
6 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: wifi on the go - necessary?

I have sprint, I called them and had text and phone only, my bill was only $7 for the calls we made. There are plenty of hot spots so I used the open systems for free.

I have a iphone but for travel my husband has cheap international phone through sprint since his regular phone will not work in Europe. Before we go we call sprint and have it turned on.

2. Re: wifi on the go - necessary?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:17 pm, December 17, 2013