We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Winter time suggestions and rental cars

Virginia
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Topic
Winter time suggestions and rental cars

I am going to Iceland for the second time in December. I went last October and fell in love and already did some of the main tourist highlights (Golden Circle, the southern coast, caving, snorkeling, Blue Lagoon, and horse back riding). I am coming back mostly to see the Northern Lights, but I will be there for 8 days. Are there any other great suggestions to do and would it be unrealistic to rent a car? I am completely open to all ideas, even fun bars to go to in Reykjavik.

Thanks!

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
641 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Winter time suggestions and rental cars

Definately rent a small 2wd car, I did in Feb on my own for 7 days, worked out cheaper than tours, take a drive up to and around Snaefells peninsula on the west coast, out aurora hunting every night, blue lagoon again too. Maybe take a whale watching boat trip

Reykjavik, Iceland
Level Contributor
484 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Winter time suggestions and rental cars

Hi, in the winter - autumnal period I always advise an organised tour, to venture in car might become dangerous

take a look here, there are many useful links about organized tours

…altervista.org/info/altro/raccolta-links/

3. Re: Winter time suggestions and rental cars

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 am, October 20, 2013