We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hot pots at Hoffell

uk
Level Contributor
45 posts
12 reviews
Hot pots at Hoffell

I've come across references to Hoffell (east of Hofn) which look enticing...including some amazing looking hot tubs on the mountainside. Can anyone tell me if they are open to anyone, or just for people staying in the accommodation there?

Thanks, Janet

Icelander in...
Destination Expert
for Iceland
Level Contributor
11,713 posts
26 reviews
1. Re: Hot pots at Hoffell

They´re open for anyone, which pays a small fee. There is a box to pay in.

uk
Level Contributor
45 posts
12 reviews
2. Re: Hot pots at Hoffell

Excellent, thank you! I want to go NOW! But will have to wait a couple of weeks ;-)

Icelander in...
Destination Expert
for Iceland
Level Contributor
11,713 posts
26 reviews
3. Re: Hot pots at Hoffell

If ,,natural" hot baths are your priority, you should think of the eastern part of the west fjords. Like Drangsnes and Krossneslaug. And the dramatic landscape is not bad at all !

I took a group out there few weeks ago: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/…

uk
Level Contributor
45 posts
12 reviews
4. Re: Hot pots at Hoffell

Ah, will have to come back and visit the West fjords another time. After much agonising we decided to just do the Golden Circle and South coast this time - it was really tough to choose!

Georgetown...
1 post
5. Re: Hot pots at Hoffell

Hot pots at Hoffell are absolutely wonderful :) And for 500kr per person - they are an absolutel "must do"!

6. Re: Hot pots at Hoffell

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, August 22, 2013