We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sadcars - experience

Prague, Czech...
1 post
Save Topic
Sadcars - experience

We had rented car (Mitsubishi pajero) from this company few weeks ago and we had great experience with them.

The car was in good condition (yes, it had some issue like steering rod to the right - I'm not sure how to say it in english, so I hope it's understandable :) )but it is old car with 325000Km. The car didn't let us down even on F-roads :)

I had forgotten my mascot in the car, after a email communication they were willing to send it back to me.

So, I can recommend them to everyone who don't need super perfect new car, but a car to get everywhere you need and want save some money for a car rental.

Prague, Czech...
Level Contributor
1 post
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sadcars - experience

We have recently travelled to Iceland. We got recomendations for the Sadcars car rental from a friend so we decided to give it a try since it was much cheaper than the competition.

We booked the car and paid for it in advance, which not only made things easier on arrival, but it also meant we got a significant discount, which was great.

Once we arrived, we were picked up at the airport by a guy from Sadcars and he was very friendly and helpful - he made us feel welcome to Iceland from the first moment, he explained everything we needed to know on our way to airport and answered all our questions (as a bonus he added in a bit of the famous Icelandic sense of humor, which was great).

The car we got (Mitshubishi Galant) was a bit old and it was a bit scratched here and there, but it was in perfect driving condition and we enjoyed driving it for a whole week without any problems.

The drop-off was also prompt and in a matter of minutes we were on our way back to the airport.

All in all, I can only reccomend this company - they seem like a customer-friendly and fair company.

2. Re: Sadcars - experience

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 3:05 am, November 23, 2012
Save Reply
3. Re: Sadcars - experience

We spent 5 days in Iceland and had a great time. SADcars definitely put a damper to our Iceland experience. We rented a Subaru Legacy. The car was in okay condition - lots of scratches and dents, plastic license holder broken and sticking out, key hole not functioning properly to lock and unlock the car, no keyless entry, no power locks, no cruise control, headlights not bright. This was all okay. We missed many days of our trip waiting for the storm winds to die down to protect the car - which was okay since it was our choice. What was NOT okay was when we returned the car, the guy said everything was ok, no damage, we signed the papers, got into the van to go back to the airport, and the guy went to get his boss because there was "a problem." He tried to tell us that the car was "a little lighter in color" so he was charging us for a paint job. Tried to tell us it was 3000 euros but only charging us 1750 euros. No charges were itemized. Said that we could not leave and will miss our flight if we dont give him money - which sounds like a threat to me. There was no proof of any color change. He tried to show us a picture online from when they first got the car! What does that have to do with me?! States he was charging everyone this week because of the storm (regardless of the condition of the car because the storm was "bound to damage the car"). They didnt say anything about the storm before we left. They live here, and should be familiar with the weather and what we would have to be careful of. Nothing was explained. The car looked the same to me when we returned it. It was basically their word against ours and they were threatening us that we would not make our flight if we tried to argue. Told us we could get reimbursed by our insurance company at home - which was complete baloney; it was just them trying to get us out of their office. We are very upset. We ended up being charged an additional 1000 euros, which was more than our airplane ticket. It was a total scam. Would not recommend SADcars at all.

4. Re: Sadcars - experience

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:17 am, September 27, 2014